Libya 1942

First Name
Robert
Thanks Weeman0000 for the positive vote glad you like this. It was an attempt at a destroyed tank ( my first) but not my last!!

Kind regards

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well done Robert.,real like it a lot,thing it looks true to what could of been,

nice job on the pore dead German,well he did get a cover after all, ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great result, Robert. Modelling wrecked tanks is one of my favourite exercises - and I can see it will be yours too!

Just the right amount of the aftermath of violence too.

All nicely balanced, coupled with some nice camera work, makes for one cracking build.

Well done.......

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Thanks Weeman0000 for the positive vote glad you like this. It was an attempt at a destroyed tank ( my first) but not my last!!
Kind regards

Robert
First tank? Wow! yeah don't let it be your last, that's some lovely work!

Cat litter for the base?

First Name
Robert
\ said:
First tank? Wow! yeah don't let it be your last, that's some lovely work!
Cat litter for the base?
Yeah I uses car littler from the puddy cat left some whole as rocks and some ground into powder to represent sand mixed with water and Pva and left to dry for 3 days.Variety of paints and oils for colours and shades

Robert

S

Stevekir

A few months ago I watched a multi-part TV program called "Tankies", all about the day-to -day life of tank crews during the North African campaign in WW II. Back and forth, blasting and being blasted. All were movies taken at the time plus stills. Very interesting. What a life! Crammed in a steel box attacked by artillery shells and difficult to climb out of when on fire. My Grandfather fought in the same place during WW I but, I think, as an infantryman. Would people be able or willing to take that punishment and risk today? The lust for glamourous war seems to have faded as living standards and self-independance have risen. (Except perhaps in China, Russia, India, the Balkans, Near East ...)

W

Weeman0000

Nice use of out the tray thinking there :D

@Steve I watched a documentary on the Germans north Africa campaign and i remember a group of pz.4's got shelled for a long time, (12h or 24h) byt the brits but due to the armor on the pz.4 there was only paint damage and maybe a track or two taken off even with direct hits. The only casualty they took was the platoon commander when he opened his hatch to take a look. (Im sure there tanks were covered in 30 ton's of sand after that.

I guess it depends on what tank your in and what tanks the enemy have tho.