Life Miniatures 1/16 Soviet Sniper

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Now that would take some surgery. Not for me, but right up your street.

Andy - Thanks. Another session should finish it.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter

Just caught up with this. Absolutely stunning.

One of the pics above is looking at her from what would be her front left, at about 10:30. On my pretty decent phone her face almost looked liked a photo....

Hats off to you.

Yours

Andrew

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very late in this one,Peter,but i did see this and would love to have a shot at it as well,

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter

Just caught up with this. Absolutely stunning.

One of the pics above is looking at her from what would be her front left, at about 10:30. On my pretty decent phone her face almost looked liked a photo....

Hats off to you.

Yours

Andrew
Andrew I noticed that also he’s got her dead on in that pic. She is pretty if I was ever being sniped I would want her to pull the trigger

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

You have the room spellbound, a great sculpt, superbly painted and just enough drapery to portray swift movement in a stationary figure.

Definitely a cabinet figure, well done

I guess its going to be a difficult day picking your next victim after finishing this one

The home office needs a good sort out to get the desk in, and release my hobby space, so I can think about getting something built.

Separating work and hobby might spark some motivation?

Enjoy finishing this superb figure

Regards

Steve H

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Peter, in my opinion, this is your best yet. As already mentioned, that third picture in is stunning, and is about as close to realism on a figure I have ever seen. My mind is blown by your work (yet again).

D

Deleted member 6559

Monica - She exists in various scales, so why not give her a go? Many thanks for your kind words.

Lee - You're obviously in love!

Steve - This has gone quicker than I had anticipated and I'll be loth to finish it. My instinct is to carry on with 1/16 figures, though the next victims are still in the post, so perhaps a bust. Separating home and office is a good idea - wished I had the space to do that.

Jack - Thank you. I think people are responding to the beautiful sculpt as mush as anything. This far outshines the Verlindens I've worked on recently.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic as always, but the skin tones in particular are outstanding. As I’ve said before, you’re a great painter so need a great sculpt to bring out the best in you.

D

Deleted member 6559

She's finished:

100_8478.JPG100_8483.JPG100_8485.JPG100_8480.JPG100_8481.JPG

The first job today was to paint the base, then attach the figure. I then gave her a coat of matt varnish, which flattened out the tones to such a degree that I had to go over the drapery adding extra highlights. Next the gun and hands, which went OK, though I didn't realise that I should have added the rifle sling before fitting it all into place - I therefore had to remove a section and make up some extra parts with metal foil.

There's just one more figure left that I haven't done in this Life Miniatures 1/16 range, and that's of Marilyn Monroe on her USO tour of Vietnam. Sorely tempted.....

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful work Peter. You have mastered the female skin tones perfectly. A definite five star finish.
John.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Pete

Would not have the courage to have a go at figures (ruin comes to mind)

Thats a cracking job, lovely !!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. I must be in love only you can paint a sculpture a person can fall in love with. Great finish the Rifle looks really good.

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Quite simply stunning. As I said before those frontal views slightly off of centre do almost look like photographs.

I know you've said that this is very good sculpt, which no doubt helps, but as you know I dabble in live sound engineering and whilst there is little I can do to make a bad band sound good, I can really ruin a great sounding band.

Similarly your skill has made a great looking sculpt come to life in a most realistic way, when you quite literally had the capacity to ruin it in your fingertips.

As others have said, quite probably your best yet.

A truly outstanding piece of work.

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thank you.

Jim - Thanks also,

Bob - It's armour that frightens me, so we're even. Thanks for looking in.

Lee - Don't be deceived - she's a mean, ruthless killer.

Andrew - Sure, you could easily paint a good sculpt badly, but it's less likely when the sculpt is this good. I do mean to try and work on better quality figures in future, but unfortunately, they tend to be the most expensive. As for sound engineering, could you come and turn down the volume on my son? He's well into the first term of his vocational music course and has some recording coming up. I can take the guitar to some extent, but now he's started singing! A bit distracting when you're trying to paint fine detail.