Mayday - Mayday!! Paint removal question.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Be careful with airbrush cleaner. I used the Spray Craft one in an aerosol to try to blast some paint out of awkward places and it dissolved the plastic! Never had a problem using 99% IPA though.
Pete
I normally use Vallejo model or air paint, also their own brand thinners and cleaner. I have some of that mig ultimate stuff and that works well to.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
OK guys, this is the issue. the darker areas were by design but now the paint has slumped, (my fault), it would be better removing all the paint I believe.
Three pics of what it looks like today and the last image is what it 'did' look like before I messed it up!!!
IMG_1065.JPGIMG_1067.JPGIMG_1071.JPG

Finally - the before image!! (I could kick myself!!!).
IMG_1004.JPG

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Go for removing all the paint and start again. Bit of a pain, but better to start from scratch. At least you have smooth surfaces, just imagine how the armour modellers suffer when they mess up (been there)...

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Go for removing all the paint and start again. Bit of a pain, but better to start from scratch. At least you have smooth surfaces, just imagine how the armour modellers suffer when they mess up (been there)...
I figured that would be the way I go. I can't really see any halfway plans sorting it.
Thanks Mike.