Mick's Eagle Transporter space 1999. MPC 1/32

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yep,I know who you mean Chris.... she was a bit of a minor crush when i was young and watching the series:hugging-face:.....
.... funny thing is though,or should that be "Sad thing is",the Female Doc,"Helena Russell" was "Ancient" to my young,boyhood,eyes,..... but now when i see the programme i think,"You know what............" :flushed:
YEA Smithy that doc was barbra bain but i think they all have died now but yes she was very nice in the tv series an i liked all the girls same in UFO an i have the complete sereis of that on dvd but again some of the story lines were bonkers an always left me wondering what if

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
YEA Smithy that doc was barbra bain but i think they all have died now but yes she was very nice in the tv series an i liked all the girls same in UFO an i have the complete sereis of that on dvd but again some of the story lines were bonkers an always left me wondering what if
.... Sorry Scottie,excuse me for a mo.....
Chris,,, "UFO"... another that i really liked,the S.H.A.D.O.W. team,Stryker,the Girls with the PURPLE hair:hugging-face:!! It`s still shown,i`ve actually watched several of them recently,but can`t remember which channel!!..... and of course the classic "Angel Interceptors"....:cool:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
.... Sorry Scottie,excuse me for a mo.....
Chris,,, "UFO"... another that i really liked,the S.H.A.D.O.W. team,Stryker,the Girls with the PURPLE hair:hugging-face:!! It`s still shown,i`ve actually watched several of them recently,but can`t remember which channel!!..... and of course the classic "Angel Interceptors"....:cool:
WELL Smithy i loved the skydiver sub as well built a big model of it at 4 ft long but my then girlfreind's little brother wanted it so i gave it to him dont know if its still whole but i thought that sub was everything that we'd see in our 21 first centuntry but what a dissapointment this centry has been an angel intercepter were in captain scarlet another great program that the kids wont see

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Construction and decals finished. Paint touch up weathering next but the weathering will be light as it’s a spaceship
Things you should know about this kit:
Great details and nicely engineered
Ideal if you love cleaning seams off tubes
Play very close attention to orientation of parts before committing to glue, especially the main engine pipe work
Two pairs of hands help at times
The decals leave the backing film simply when they see water
The destructions are on one large sheet and do have a couple of mistakes
I left the main engine bells right until the end, they are a really tight fit and caused me some issues with the pipes
The painting and decal guide are round the outside of the box which I dismantled for ease of use
More of some types of decal are shown than are supplied
Finally I’m loving the end result, it’s definitely the Eagle and has been a joy to build, final pics soon
B2E3B28B-CDA2-46BB-B629-FC07350F7B94.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb work mick , i love it . A beautifully finished job . It must be quite impressive at this size , as a kid I had the Dinky 1/72 ( i assume ) Eagle freighter with nuclear waste containers and a magnetic winch!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve never seen the show, as it wasn’t on Dutch or Belgian TV, but I did like the look of the ship when I saw pictures of other models in magazines decades ago. Yours looks really good.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Cracking job. Always loved the utilitarian nature of the Eagles, able to take different pods for different roles even if they never did in the series as I recall

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I never really watched the show, but I do recognize the fantastic job you have done on this model Mick!!! Nice that you pointed out the trouble areas for others if they build the kit. Nice finish and great pics too!!! Shame it doesn't have any figs to show the size of it. Maybe a little(?) base to set it on down the road??? Super job Sir!!!

prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's brilliant Mick.....as others have said, really brings back memories!