Mini Cooper 1275S Mk.1

First Name
Mike
\ said:
What roof color is the most common one for a red body?
Pretty sure it was white, though I've seen quite a few with Union Jacks painted on the roof.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Great start, its a fun kit to build

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

S

selfps

I think this was the model of mini that was used in the original film The Italian Job and red, white, or blue would be good colours for it, you might need to fabricate some headlights and a couple of straps for the bonnet, in fact after seeing this I might make this a future project.

D

Deleted member 3568

I loved the mini as a lad I had for of them (couldn't afford a Cooper though)had a lot of fun chucking them round corners at ridiculous speeds, nothing stuck to the road like a mini, the funest car ever built will be watching this and remembering old times. You have made a great start on the engine.

First Name
Gregg
Ermine white for the roof.

You have got that 'A' series block colour spot on. Brilliant.

Maybe a little suggestion, a clutch release lever and release cylinder on the end of the bell-housing. a very prominent feature on the real thing. Hope you don't mind me mentioning.

Brings back many memories.

Gregg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You can't do a Mini Cooper roof without a Union Jack or a target :smiling3:

I prefer the RAF roundel :D

D

dubster72

Either would be cool, although the roundel would be easier.

I've always loved how Spike Milligan, who owned them all his life, used to tell a story about how he'd overtake tycoons and Arab princelings in their Rolls-Royces in his second hand Mini and shout back at them "60 quid, second-hand! "

So funny!

First Name
Gregg
If I remember rightly, the roundel was part of the Mod/Pop Art culture of the 60's.

Twiggy, Carnaby Street and all that business.

Gregg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
If I remember rightly, the roundel was part of the Mod/Pop Art culture of the 60's.Twiggy, Carnaby Street and all that business.

Gregg
Yes it was part of the mod scene which I am glad to have been a part of although the revival and not the original :smiling3:

The cooper has long been associated with the swinging sixties either mod or or psycadelic era :D

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Yes it was part of the mod scene which I am glad to have been a part of although the revival and not the original :smiling3: The cooper has long been associated with the swinging sixties either mod or or psycadelic era :D
Being an original I had Scooters first then mini's, looking forward to this build for the memories of regularly getting my hands dirty keeping them going. ;) ;)

Gregg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
I loved the mini as a lad I had for of them (couldn't afford a Cooper though)had a lot of fun chucking them round corners at ridiculous speeds, nothing stuck to the road like a mini, the funest car ever built will be watching this and remembering old times. You have made a great start on the engine.
I can vouch for that, tried the same thing in a Hillman Avenger and ended up against a power pole

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Daniel, will watch this with interest

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great job on the mini engine nice choice I once had the very nippy 850 lol with collapsing driver seat which used to give way without notice used to end up on the back seat my mates had the 1275gt versions Italian job gang the 3 of us but alas my little 850 engine finally couldn't take it anymore trying to keep up with the 1275s it eventually blew up some memorable times though and a mini always makes me smile so look forward to the rest of your build white roof n roundel gets my vote cheers John :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

mobear

i had an orange 1275 went through a beautiful hedge in mine,and still managed to fix her up lol,your job coming along nicely,go for checker board on the roof lol

T

Thunderbird

Would be fun to create a checker board pattern, if I find a good way to mask I will consider it.