Mini Cooper 1275S Mk.1

First Name
Tony
Enjoying watching this superb build. Brings back memories from owning a couple in the past, although not the Cooper version they were still a great little car.

D

Deleted member 3568

This is looking amazing great progress loving it.

L

Laurie

I had an ordinary blue one the original with the long wobbly gear stick, the starter on the floor and the thick string festooned on the door to open it.

My senior partner had a blue Cooper. This car was lethal as it was, for those days, like a rocket. The response when you put your foot down was incredible.

On the roof colour my memory is that it was not a white white it tended to be an off white towards the brown scale rather than blue.

Looking good Daniel brings back memories. Mini is interesting, apart form the suspension and transverse engine as it was one of the first lot of cars to introduce colours. Most in those days were black grey and dark fawn. Ford also introduced a bright pink.

Laurie

1275GT

Don't believe I've missed this.....I kinda like my Mini's - can you tell ?? ;)

That looks great work so far, but that engine bay is far too clean !! ;P The most common colour for the roof is usually white ( Old English White iirc ), though its not uncommon, especially back in the day, for them to have a black roof...

And just an fyi, the underside would have been body coloured, but that's a lovely paint job !

Cheers, Neil

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is one of those builds that I want to go...:eek:...excellent stuff!

Me, I'd be silly, I'd drill out the parcel shelf and make up some speakers, lower the mini, put bigger wheels on it, open the boot to show off the 12 inch sub...time to shut up! o_O

Keep going Dan, quality build ;)

Lee :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Totally agree with Tommy there

Good job.

Cheers Richi

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Looking good,its coming together nicely.

Cheers,Ben

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is looking great and nice progress do like the paint work,so far,and who cannot like a mini, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Beautiful work oh how I remember these cars I had so much fun in them, in various forms, I especially love the van (we won't go into why but, when you work in a sponge factory, and you can line the whole inside with a sponge matress, well I leave the rest to your imagination)keep up the good work.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Beautiful work oh how I remember these cars I had so much fun in them, in various forms, I especially love the van (we won't go into why but, when you work in a sponge factory, and you can line the whole inside with a sponge matress, well I leave the rest to your imagination)keep up the good work.
Well for exactly the same reasons that we won't go into my vehicle of choice was a marina van.Daniel your mini is looking fantastic look forward to next update cheers John

S

steve scan

Great stuff, worked on a lot of these in my early days in the garage.