Modelling Plans for 2022, what are your plans?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm with Dave. I'm at the age where I don't plan, I'm spontaneous! Luckily, my week is 6 Saturdays and a Sunday, so plenty of room for that nonsense.

If I am pushed to state a plan, it's to go to sleep, safely wake up and still be able to open the curtains.

Oh, model making? No plans. I'll be happy to still be able to build something, anything, through 2022...and with a bit of luck, beyond.

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I always have a plan but GB's and spontaneous impulses have scuppered them. I'm used to deadlines at work but will give myself a lot of leeway if I'm to enjoy my hobby. Kudos to those who stick to their plan and I envy the amount of kits they complete in a year.

This years plan:
1. Finish USS Constipation
2. Totally complete Pacific Diorama
3. Revive North Africa build
4. Revive Church block dio
5. Continue with my Kure Harbour dio (most likely as it coincides with a GB)
6. Complete my Jungle dio
7. Finish a Fletcher destroyer for a GB
8. I want to start on a Manchester

Some of the above are doable... fingers crossed.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I do not have much in the way of builds for the coming year.

However, I do have a 1/72 Airfix Tiger on the workbench at this moment, no idea how this is going to turn out as it is rather small for my disability.

I also have my 1/16 RC M41 wiring to complete, then I can run it at our clubs open days.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Spend less. Build more.

I have an ICM Dornier do-17z to finish.
Italeri 1/48 Wessex for a Falklands GB at model club.
Have a go at 1/35 armour.
Airfix 1/24 Hellcat and try out painted on markings for the first time.
Revamp my work bench.

And a whole load more pipe dreams.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I'm going to focus on mostly unfinished builds but that won't stop me dabbling in the odd fresh start.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I currently have two stalled dioramas set aside, a box of (7) 251D halftracks partially completed, two FW 190 D's waiting on decals, an Me. 110 C, stalled for need of a better canopy. 2 SU 100's awaiting the GB in February and eight various automobiles presently being transformed into German staff and Headquarters vehicles. Oh.....I forgot to mention a Pak 41 on a cruciform mount and also a 251 C/9 that have been languishing on the shelf. Other than that I'm as free as a bird to start building any of the rest of the stash when time permits. ;)

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well Jakko update to my plans im just going to contine to be probably the sloppiest builder here cut corners with every build where possible take chances and muddle my way through as usual ,continue to make annoying statements that are usually well self opinionated not designed to annoy but for some reason do ,make the usual tongue in cheek that annoy as well ,continue to pay my subs coz its great here where else could you find so many persons willing to give their all in one place. Other than that whats the point making plans they never work out anyway dont know why you all bother(yep usual toung in cheek but you never can tell wether it is or not). Dave

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Well i‘m not retired just tired.. i have a house to decorate well may be later, a lawn to lift and relay, a room full of kits, 2 motor bikes that need rebuilding, a job that takes 6 days a week and a daughter who need her house renovated did i mention a wife who tells me my schedules are un realistic
apart from the helicopter group build ill just see what takes my fancy i have lots of tasty kits that probably out way my abilities & skill level but some days it just nice to lock myself away and do what i want for a few hours
oh and i need to loose weight according to my dr who waddles in to the surgery really !!! simon

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I currently have two stalled dioramas set aside, a box of (7) 251D halftracks partially completed, two FW 190 D's waiting on decals, an Me. 110 C, stalled for need of a better canopy. 2 SU 100's awaiting the GB in February and eight various automobiles presently being transformed into German staff and Headquarters vehicles. Oh.....I forgot to mention a Pak 41 on a cruciform mount and also a 251 C/9 that have been languishing on the shelf. Other than that I'm as free as a bird to start building any of the rest of the stash when time permits. ;)
Rick
If your 110 is 1/32 I have a buckshee Dragon canopy that you're welcome to, plus several sets of 1/48 Fw 190 decals! Free to a good home (haven't forgotten your liking for the latter either Alan!)
Steve

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
We are moving next month so modelling for me is at a stand still! However the property is slightly bigger so a bit more space to collect some kits... :rolling: :thinking:
As it stands I have the FV432 Bulldog on the bench, with numerous others in the state of not knowing their 'built so far' future, in my stash the kits are wondering if they will ever get built, I have some tracky things, wingy things and floaty things!
Wonder if my mojo will be found in the move??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Don't have a stash so the next build is the one I buy next. I would like to spend more time on improving my dio's and getting my figures better.
If that was my case I would have a house full of built models and I would be so old I would be waiting on the Grim Reaper.