Most pleasurable builds

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yes,I know it's been done before....
..... HOWEVER ,a lot of new members have joined since then,and besides,some of us might have changed our choices after building other kits since ;)
Basically, what are your top 3 builds which have given you the most enjoyment?
Doesn't matter what genre, scale or cost........
(This isn`t a "Look what i`ve done" type of thing,just box art or Stock pictures will suffice..... or even just the written details:thumb2:)

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yes,I know it's been done before....
..... HOWEVER ,a lot of new members have joined since then,and besides,some of us might have changed our choices after building other kits since ;)
Basically, what are your top 3 builds which have given you the most enjoyment?
Doesn't matter what genre, scale or cost........
HI Andy well for me its got to be no 1
is my USS NIMITZ in 1/144 scale 571a02ef1d6.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then.....,.,
"Mr.Predictable" here .... all AFVs and all 1/35th!!:nerd:
My personal top 3 has somewhat changed from 3 or 4 years back.......
New in at number 3 is ........
50040790362_fac57a6163_b - Copy.jpg
A cracking little kit,cheap and with some slight additions results in a very pleasing model,
... Straight in at number 2.......
27722_rd.jpg
A change of interest occurred about 18 months ago,and a love of Vietnam based stuff reared it`s head,and this Sheridan was an absolute pleasure:cool:
STILL my number 1,when it comes to all things "Fun and pleasing" is this beauty of a kit.... PERFECT in any aspect of construction! ........

353171__92613.1648657519 - Copy.jpg

So there they are,not the Absolute top detailed kits,not the newest versions,and not expensive.BUT for pure enjoyment they stand out for me from all the kits that i`ve done over the last few years:thumb2:.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very difficult to decide. My trouble is that each kit I do I enjoy it. This hobby is a wonderfully fulfilling way to relax in this stressful, topsy-turvy world.
I did enjoy these two. Both 1/72. They both sit on a 4" square base. Both very cheap, not very good kits, so maybe that's why I was so pleased with the way they turned out.
P1040468.JPG

P1040596.JPG

P1040605.JPG

P1040786.JPG

Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I have been having a look back and I think I can say I enjoyed them all. Mostly. There have been a couple that did not end well.
I think if I had to I would say the most enjoyable builds and results would have to be the Royal Navy aircraft I have built.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well I have been having a look back and I think I can say I enjoyed them all. Mostly. There have been a couple that did not end well.
I think if I had to I would say the most enjoyable builds and results would have to be the Royal Navy aircraft I have built.
HI Ian have you no pics of your R/N aircraft as would like to see them ?
chrisb

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Blimey Chris.... They`re absolutely awe inspiring mate,Fantastic stuff for sure!! :thumb2: :cool:
Many thanks Smithy yes i enjoyed the builds of these models very much even though they took yrs to build but heyho that for me is modeling
ATB to you SIR
chrisb

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here are the three that were most memorable for me. The first is my rendition of the build that the late Simon T (Mr. T) was working on at the time of his passing......a Zis. 5 fuel truck. next up is my Borgward B3000 and last is the kitbashed M.B. L6500 and trailer........All in 1-87 scale. P1011488.JPGP1011880.JPGP1012010.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Rick love your model but the one i like best is the fuel truck can you put on a pic without the coin ? OH great stuff Rick now i can see it all an to me it looks a real truck very good modeling at its best
chrisb

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
cheers Steve glad you like em an what is your three models that gave you pleasure to build ?
chrisb
Hi Chris!
I enjoyed surmounting the challenge of the Bergepanther, secondly my unfinished Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire, and lastly (a real rave from the grave) an Admiralty scale model of the Billy Ruffian aka HMS Bellerophon. This was a traditional plank-on-frame model, constructed from 'oriiginal' drafts that took 4 years to build and sold for the princely sum of £1000! - that was the last such model I built and sadly I have no photographic record to remember it by! Your work deserves to be remembered mate!
Steve

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
As I'm pretty new to this I'm only on my third pleasurable.build.

I failed abysmally at a 1/72 Tiger Moth and a 1/35 Achilles Tank Destroyer

But I Loved making my 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Vc and the Airfix 1:72 Curtis P-40B Warhawk

And I'll truly hoping that the Mossie I am currently building will be my most pleasurable build so for.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris!
I enjoyed surmounting the challenge of the Bergepanther, secondly my unfinished Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire, and lastly (a real rave from the grave) an Admiralty scale model of the Billy Ruffian aka HMS Bellerophon. This was a traditional plank-on-frame model, constructed from 'oriiginal' drafts that took 4 years to build and sold for the princely sum of £1000! - that was the last such model I built and sadly I have no photographic record to remember it by! Your work deserves to be remembered mate!
Steve
MANY THANKS Steve for your kind comments on my work very nice of you an pity about not seein your models
chrisb

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hmmm, most of my builds were pleasurable really, but three do stand out the most. First was a last production Panther G built by M.A.N, down the road from where I live, in Nuremberg Germany in March '45,

IMG_0181.JPG
Very Pleasurable because it was the first GB project I finished inside the timeframe......Next is a wing thingy of a Heinkel He-162 prototype. Had the kit in the stash for some years and then, at a show, I found a reference book for it. In it, I saw 2 pics of the first He-162 built by Junkers in Bernberg, Saxony and had to build it from the pics,

IMG_2242.JPG
The pics re-awakened my early love for wing thingy's in large scale. The serial number designates the first one built and the 300 prefix was the Junker factory number. No camo on this prototype and the cannons in the fuselage were dummies. First and only time I tried to recreate a model from an actual picture......The most pleasurable build was my Fz. 105 Styer 2000A generator wagon used to supply the juice for tests and launching V2 rockets. Only the Tamiya Steyr kit (very modified) and a resin generator kit from Leadwarrior were used. The rest was all scratchy,

DSC03878 (2).JPG
I used 13 B/W photos as there are no plans or blueprints for this vehicle to be found and the Gusgofast Guesstimation Measurement System to build it. A year later, new photos surfaced and I have gutted the interior to rebuild it correctly (cabinet where the back seat normally sits, is wrong). Gotta love this hobby!!!......Thanks Mr. Smiff for starting this post.....

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hmmm, most of my builds were pleasurable really, but three do stand out the most. First was a last production Panther G built by M.A.N, down the road from where I live, in Nuremberg Germany in March '45,

View attachment 457845
Very Pleasurable because it was the first GB project I finished inside the timeframe......Next is a wing thingy of a Heinkel He-162 prototype. Had the kit in the stash for some years and then, at a show, I found a reference book for it. In it, I saw 2 pics of the first He-162 built by Junkers in Bernberg, Saxony and had to build it from the pics,

View attachment 457846
The pics re-awakened my early love for wing thingy's in large scale. The serial number designates the first one built and the 300 prefix was the Junker factory number. No camo on this prototype and the cannons in the fuselage were dummies. First and only time I tried to recreate a model from an actual picture......The most pleasurable build was my Fz. 105 Styer 2000A generator wagon used to supply the juice for tests and launching V2 rockets. Only the Tamiya Steyr kit (very modified) and a resin generator kit from Leadwarrior were used. The rest was all scratchy,

View attachment 457847
I used 13 B/W photos as there are no plans or blueprints for this vehicle to be found and the Gusgofast Guesstimation Measurement System to build it. A year later, new photos surfaced and I have gutted the interior to rebuild it correctly (cabinet where the back seat normally sits, is wrong). Gotta love this hobby!!!......Thanks Mr. Smiff for starting this post.....

Prost
Allen
That is typical Dude1 use your great system and then some one produces the real drawings, very unfair .Still very neat work .