Most pleasurable builds

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
The most pleasure I've derived in modeling was from defeating this ^&&^%#@#$%^& resin kit w/horrible destructions & missing parts into an acceptable (by me) model of a US Army D7. Just saw the unpainted pin head securing the plow. Amazing how your eye sees what it wants/expects to see so often.
View attachment 458132
That's stunning!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve been following this thread, and have been thinking a fair deal about what I would consider my most pleasurable builds, but I can’t come up with any that stand out … I guess it’s just not a criterium I pay much attention to — for me, things stand out more because of the amount of work needed to get to where I wanted to go, or even because they were unpleasurable to build :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just spotted this thread whilst playing 'Catch up'
All my builds have been fun, but here's my most pleasurable and why.

'Zulu, The Store House. Rorke's Drift....January 1879'. I managed to paint nearly 500 1/72 figures and kept my sanity!

'A haven for a retired Revell Lucky XI tug boat.' The fun, great feedback and crack I had from folks made the making of this just superb. The terrific input from members made the story line go off the chart. Just ace....

'A P-40 Kittyhawk lost in the Egyptian Desert.' Only the second time I've tried to copy real photographs. A bit of a tribute to the true story of a pilot's sad fate during WW2.

'The Liberation of a French village - and some cheese and wine!' This started with just an idea - a village street and a bridge. Yet again, the input from members set me off on a journey where I had no idea where I was going. Ideas and suggestions piled in during the build.....Some physically impossible! :flushed:

Cheers.

Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I remember most all of those 570 and they were definitely some very "Entertaining" projects......the evolution of which would be an understatement. Thanks for hosting our "banter" network! ;) :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Ian.
As I wrote, it felt as though members were mucking in and building the things with me. That is what made them so enjoyable, not so much the end results.

Ron