Movie and TV subjects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I'll have to sit this one out though as I don't have anything suitable.
TBH, the subject is wide enough that almost anything will be suitable :smiling3: Of course, I don’t know what you have in your stash, but pretty much anything mainstream military is bound to appear in a movie somewhere

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
TBH, the subject is wide enough that almost anything will be suitable :smiling3: Of course, I don’t know what you have in your stash, but pretty much anything mainstream military is bound to appear in a movie somewhere
Must be recognisable as central or unique to that movie though, surely. Otherwise it’s just a build pretty much anything GB……

Just had an off the wall though……..if this was run at the same time as the emergency GB I could enter my recent Katy ambulance purchase in both, LOL…..not going to happen though.

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
If we do this one after that, I don’t see how they would get in each other’s way … I’m thinking the usual three months or so, starting April?
Perfect. For some reason i had it in my head that this one was starting in January.

This would he a fun build. No idea what I'd build, but there must be a ton of stuff to choose from.

Mike

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Must be recognisable as central or unique to that movie though, surely. Otherwise it’s just a build pretty much anything GB……

Just had an off the wall though……..if this was run at the same time as the emergency GB I could enter my recent Katy ambulance purchase in both, LOL…..not going to happen though.
Interesting thoughts chaps....

It occurred to me that I do have the Revell Dambuster Lanc in the stash, which of course has been on film....but has its origins in a historical action....so are least to my mind it wasn't in the spirit of what you suggested Jakko, as Tim has said...... But it is your idea of course!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interesting thoughts chaps....

It occurred to me that I do have the Revell Dambuster Lanc in the stash, which of course has been on film....but has its origins in a historical action....so are least to my mind it wasn't in the spirit of what you suggested Jakko, as Tim has said...... But it is your idea of course!
To me, that’s iconic to the film, but Jakko may have other ideas…..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
To me, that’s iconic to the film, but Jakko may have other ideas…..
True....I must admit I hadn't been planning to do it for some time yet.....a four engined bomber is a BIG step up from anything I have done so far and I had planned to get some more practice in on some more twin engined wingy things first..... Especially as it's such an iconic subject.....I want to do it justice!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
True....I must admit I hadn't been planning to do it for some time yet.....a four engined bomber is a BIG step up from anything I have done so far and I had planned to get some more practice in on some more twin engined wingy things first..... Especially as it's such an iconic subject.....I want to do it justice!
Just think of it as doing two two-engined bombers at the same time :smiling5:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
And it would not be allowed. :tongue-out3:

I so want a K2Y but not landed in Denmark yet!
Wasn’t going to go with it anyway….I have a lucky Jack Aubrey bust that needs painting…..about time I did another big figure……

PS, you’ll like the Katy when it arrives….looks excellent in the box.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
True, there is that little detail :smiling3: But there are a lot of movies in which military equipment plays a major enough role for individual vehicles to be recognisable.

In the interest of making people build more things, it’s probably best to keep them separate, then ;)

It occurred to me that I do have the Revell Dambuster Lanc in the stash, which of course has been on film....but has its origins in a historical action....so are least to my mind it wasn't in the spirit of what you suggested Jakko, as Tim has said......
I’d say with historical films using the proper historical equipment (like The Dam Busters), if you build it as one of the vehicles (planes) used by the main characters, it’d work. For example, if you watch The Dam Busters and paint your model with the same markings as a Lancaster that the aircrew who are the focus of the film fly in, it would count. It wouldn’t if you put generic markings on it that aren’t in the film, though.

I think I’d add the rule that you must show a screenshot (or other still) of the actual vehicle you would be modelling. Not just for these cases, even if you’re building an X-Wing, a T-800 endoskeleton or the NCC 1701 USS Enterprise, putting up a picture of the “real” thing will help people who may not be familiar with your chosen subject.

This would he a fun build. No idea what I'd build, but there must be a ton of stuff to choose from.
That’s the idea :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
We had a similar GB a few years ago and it was quite well attended! Maybe it is time for a repeat.....
Ian, I think it was back in 2016. 'Scene from a film'

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ah, that was before my time :smiling3: Six to seven years is a long time for a sequel, though, so let’s see if we can find some producers for one …

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ah, that was before my time :smiling3: Six to seven years is a long time for a sequel, though, so let’s see if we can find some producers for one …
Does it have to be a "Proper" kit,or would a completely scratch built piece be ok?....
.... I've got half a plan! ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Does it have to be a "Proper" kit,or would a completely scratch built piece be ok?....
Entirely up to you — it just has to be recognisable as from a particular film or TV show. If you want to scratchbuild something, then go for it!

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
When is this one planned Jakko. I know the emergency GB starts in January. In fact it doesn't matter much to me being retired and a burden on society I can easily manage 2 projects at the same time. Don't know what yet but I will certainly come up with something.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Personally I cant see the problem with two GB's running at the same time.
We just had the Half-track and the Mustang GB's same time and befor that there was A tank build and a Heli build at the same time AND that was overlapped with a Spitfire build and a Mosquito build (which also ran at the same time!!! lol). So its not like it has not happened befor. I think that as long as the subjects are not the same its fine.
However it is Jakko's GB suggestion so he has the boss cap on for this one.

Good idea with the Photo/still of the subject.
(Hmm we had a GB "from a Photo" that was well attended as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.