Status
Not open for further replies.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
FIRST OF MARCH ?!! :smiling3:
... BLIMEY, that's some time away... Expect several more GBs started/finished/underway before that mate!!
I speak as one who joined in the...
Spitfire, Mosquito, Mustang and Half Track ones,ALMOST simultaneously ;)... Life's short Jakko... Cram in as much as possible in the time you,(expect to),have ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
So I've checked and the Dam Busters film apparently featured three later mark Lancasters that were sort of
backdated to the same standard as far as possible to those on the raid. This was achieved by the removal of certain features and other adaptations. They also rather obviously had their squadron and plane IDs changed to reflect some of those on the raid, two of these are kit decal options. Not surprisingly, one such option is Guy Gibson's 'G for George'. The other is Micky Martin's 'P for Popsie', so I should be ok on that front.

That said, at my build rate I'd need 6 months! ;)

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
pencil me in as a maybe,......all depends on how life is treating me at the time and whats in the stash

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Jakko!
I will sort out a forum section for this in the near future! I think there is plenty of time lol.
Is that date final or are we still talking about it?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Well, I think 1 March is a good date: three months from today, should give plenty of time to think about which subject to pick, buy a model, prepare mentally, etc. :smiling3:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well, I think 1 March is a good date: three months from today, should give plenty of time to think about which subject to pick, buy a model, prepare mentally, etc. :smiling3:
And get some much needed practice in on something else! ;) :smiling5:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yep, indeed Paul ....
... That's your name isn't it ?!! :smiling3: ...
... I do have a calender somewhere.. think it's quite a recent one ..got a cracking picture of Sterling Moss on the cover :smiling3:
I don't have a calendar..... My wife keeps the family diary......I might just write in a reminder for this GB and see what reaction I get!

Status
Not open for further replies.