My first build LCVP

D

dm73

Cheers all for the comments, i'll have to get myself a better camera instead of my phone to show a bit more detail, cheers tricky that would be really useful, have been trawling the interweb and found loads of ref pictures but none have a vehicle in them, either empty or bulging at the seams with troops. If you have the same kit as i have you will discover the willys and trailer do not fit in the lcvp together even with the trailer unhitched and tried at different angles so not sure why they give you that kit with it instead of just a Willys jeep.

Cheers

Darren

B

Bunkerbarge

Darren a very neat job and one to be proud of. The shading looks spot on and the finish and detail have come out very well. If this is what you can do now I can't wait to see what you will be producing when you get experienced.

D

dm73

Thanks Richard, i've got a few years practice to catch up with some of you guys on here, but looking at your projects only makes me want to get better and try new techniques.

Darren

D

dm73

A little more progress on the lcpv, tried my hand at a bit of weathering with promodeller washes, i used rust and black. As it was my first attempt i tried it on my test piece first. I also put a few paint chips around the engine cover , thinking about it now i should put a few chips around the landing door as it must of had a bit of a hard life. A few details to sort and the helmsman (if thats what the drivers called) and i think its nearly there.

View attachment 20464

View attachment 20465

View attachment 20466

View attachment 20467

Any comments welcome good or bad (go easy, its only my first:smile:smiling3:

Cheers

Darren

View attachment 27561

View attachment 27562

View attachment 27563

View attachment 27564

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sort of missed this one sorry, Looks great Darren. You sure thats your first! lol

I read some place that the kit includes painting guide and decals for a royal navy LCvp. Can you confirm this?

Nice little build.

Ian M

D

dm73

Hi Ian, yes mate, my first proper build coming back to the hobby from my childhood, haven't posted much on it as i had an incident with the resin freezing in the shed completely messing it up so i've put it to the side until i can sort it out.

Yes it comes with RN paint guide and can honestly say its the best of the 5 they show, if you need a copy of the paint scheme send me your e-mail address and i'll send you it.

Cheers

Darren