My first Diorama.

B

Backbreaker

\ said:
Stuning, absolutly great. :respect:What type of foam was it that you used?
Bojo, The foam I use is high density polystyrene foam.

Seriously thanks for the kind words fellas.

BB

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Great one BB, coming along nicely mate. Well, that's if you can call destruction nice lol.

Have fun, John

C

colprit

Stunning, I think you should give us some lessons on doing Dio's BB, (perhaps even have a place where we could all post some ideas for Dioramas in the diorama section John). Some of the ways you have made things here is top notch and I must agree with the person who said museum quality, if John does do a posting area for ideas I hope you can put some of these techniques you've used in there for the rest of us to use/refer to at a later date. Keep up the great work its a reall inspiration to us all.

F

Flying Scottiedog

Well i think that looks Fantastic and that Laurence LLewelyn Bowen had better watch his back, And Bob the who.

B

Backbreaker

Thanks for the positive comment fellas.

Here we go.

Added broken windows to the garage.

Added a shelf and some saucy pics to the wall of the garage.

Fixed the roof and ceiling in place and added battens for the roof slates.

Made a section of roof for the rubble pile.

Made loads of roof tiles from sheet styrene and detailed with the dremel and a diamond bur. Ready for paint now.

Added a door handle, wall paper, parky floor and timber border.

More soon, Getting close to starting the King T.

BB.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm getting fed up now, I think I'll give my stuff to Oxfam.......

What chance have us mere mortals got of doing stuff like this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Cov1

That is absolutely fantastic, I wish I had time and the skill to produce anything near as good as that.

Love the pics, keep them coming please.

:no1b: Ade

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Joolz mate, that is awesome. The level of detail is amazing just one question, how have you done the saucy pics & wallpaper please?

Have fun, John

B

Backbreaker

\ said:
Joolz mate, that is awesome. The level of detail is amazing just one question, how have you done the saucy pics & wallpaper please?Have fun, John
Cheers Ron, Ade and John,

John the printables are from www.printmini.com/ and www.jennifersprintables.com/ , just use your PC to resize and print on thinish paper. The saucy pics have been stained by wiping a used tea bag over it!

Joolz.

PS Ron you mean your not immortal?

B

Backbreaker

Glad you all like it, so far

Nick the furniture is all sheet styrene.

Okay Doky getting really close now.

Tiles painted and added.

Just a few more roof timbers added to the dio.

A touch more here.

Here.

And here.

Time to add some leaves to the creeper (brown ones for winter). I'm using seeds from silver birch catkins that SWMBO collected for me. Eye strain here we come.

So far s good.

Attaching the telegraph wires to the insulators.

One last one then time for bed.

Hope you enjoy?

BB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its such a pity we cant swear on the forum, because I have only onr thing to add to all the comments thus far.

Jules this is just #¤%$¤ng amazing.

That it is your first makes it even more so.

I take my hat off to you sir!!!

D

dd2356

A true work of art and genius.

An ispiration for us all i'm sure.

Well done.

Dave

B

Backbreaker

At bit more done today.

Gutter and down spout done.

SWMBO wanted me to add some swallows nest under the eves, so whilst I had the magic sculpt out I made a few more bit of eye candy for the dio (my 1st time at sculpting).

A few tools, swallows nests x3, robins nest, coffee pot and cup, yard brush ad some light bulbs. (OCD creeping in )

The box is open!

Joolz.

B

Backbreaker

I must say this is a great kit, from what I've read on the interclick people hate the rubber bands that come with kits and much prefer replacing them with metal ones.

Not wanting to spend money its the rubber bands for me.

The detail is pretty good and I didn't have any problems fixing them to the model, or depicting the force of gravity, which I think turned out just fine. The front LHS wheel, just back from the drive sprocket has been slightly raised compared to the others, as this wheel is just coming into contact with the pile of debris infront of the main house.

I had some fine brass mesh in my spares box so decided to replace the fine black plasticy mesh that came with the kit.

I'd better get cracking!

BB.

D

dubster72

The Tamiya KT is a nice, easy-build kit BB. I did replace the rubber-bands because mine were warped, but the Hobby Boss replacements were only £5 so that wasn't too bad. I'm looking forward to seeing this one take shape.

Patrick

B

Backbreaker

The King T is built with some minor damage, so its off to paint.

Tracks painted dark brown for starters, wheels primed and painted.

This is about the forth time I've used an airbrush

On with the primer.

Then red oxide.

Then German Dark Yellow shade Dunkelgelb.

Back to the spraying.

BB.

B

Bojo

haha, nest, and light bulbs too. Awesome man. I too can't wait to see the tank take shape. Also, I've always painted things like rope shovels, and the like before I put them on. Is there an advantage to the way most people seem to be doing it?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Taking shape Jools, but like Theuns I always paint the 'add-ons' separate from the tank. How are you going to paint these now they are fixed, particularily the undersides, or is your method easier?

A little tip before too much painting :- The track/hull side plates (the ones which you have removed at the front) are made up of individual lengths, how about cutting them on the seam line? That way they can be bent up or down to break the clean line so they won't look like one long piece.

Have a look on Google images and you can see some good examples of my blithering!!

Cheers,

Ron

B

Backbreaker

Hi Bojo, Ron The 1st photo is how I will paint the "add on's" should be OK.

Ron I didn't want to cut up the plates as I wouldn't have the overlaps of each plate, I guess that's what spending money on PE comes into its own, plus The King T pretty much fills the street, so viewing it from the side would be difficult. oh and don't forget mud which will help to break up the straight edge. but yes I see where you're coming from.

Started with the camo today all free hand as I wanted to try my hand at spraying free hand. I know the real thing was hard edged but hey why not. A little bit more green then on to the brown.

Enjoy or criticize its up to you. All comments welcome.

BB.