My Starfleet

Which star trek race do you prefer?

• Fights for justice and equality, respects of other beings: Federation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rough and ready, shakes you down for your lunch money: Klingon

• Sly and sneaky, can't hit me if you can't see me (engage cloaking device): Romulan

• Total voters
W

Willi262

My wife was insisting that we take these out of storage and put them back out on display. It took two years but we finally got around to clearing some space.

They range in years from 6 (the Ncc-1701-A in 350 scale) all the way to 22 (the Ncc-1701-D that I got from a convention back in 1991).

I still have Uss Voyager and Uss Defiant, still in the boxes. Voyager needs a bit more work and it's ready for assembly, but has been on hold for 4 years now. Defiant I haven't even attempted yet, as it's mostly painting and I need the right mood first.

Sometimes it amazes me how I was able to hang on to some of this junk.View attachment 71427

View attachment 71428

View attachment 71429

View attachment 71430

View attachment 71432

View attachment 71433

classic01.JPG

1701e.JPG

1701c.JPG

ohmy.JPG

1864.JPG

1701d.JPG

C

CDW

Where are the vulcans, ferengi, Borg etc ?? :smiling3: :smiling3:

Nice little collection there.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Some nice looking kits you've go there , did you build them or are they static models ?

Klingon is the only worthy race in Star Trek :smiling3:

W

Willi262

\ said:
Some nice looking kits you've go there , did you build them or are they static models ?Klingon is the only worthy race in Star Trek :smiling3:
The little enterprise bridge set is a hallmark ornament for xmas trees. You press the little button on the side up to 3 times, and Kirk and Khan recite some lines of dialog. Crazy thing is, I personally have met all 3 people represented there.

They are all original kits that I have bought many years ago. The Enterprise D alone is 22 years old.

I was thinking about giving it an overhaul, but maybe for nostalgia, I will leave it alone.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A nice collection Steve, particularly like that little screen and console dio.

I keep looking at the old Klingon D-7 model on E-bay, I love the shape and aggressive feel of it, l but can't convince myself I need another model for the stash.

K'pla

Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The little enterprise bridge set is a hallmark ornament for xmas trees. You press the little button on the side up to 3 times, and Kirk and Khan recite some lines of dialog. Crazy thing is, I personally have met all 3 people represented there.They are all original kits that I have bought many years ago. The Enterprise D alone is 22 years old.

I was thinking about giving it an overhaul, but maybe for nostalgia, I will leave it alone.
You've made some great stuff there , I have a collection of futura kits from japan.

P

Polux

Wow!!

You are the Boss of the outside space!!

Fantastic collection.

I'm with Tony!!

Live long and prosper.

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I love the Reliant...ready..."KHAN!"

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
" from hells heart I stab at thee ! With my last breath I spit at thee ! :smiling3:
But Alan..."He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!"

W

Willi262

\ said:
But Alan..."He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!"Si:smiling3:
Khan of course, said that to answer Joachim's question "why not just cut our losses and run?"

The real reason is because Khan knew just how much trouble he stirred up with the federation by stealing one of its starships and dispossessing the crew. The only course of action available to them was revenge and/or die trying.

Imagine that you did a similar thing. You broke into a naval base, stormed a heavy cruiser (of any kind), kicked the crew off, and then stole the ship. How far do you think you are going to get, realistically? How long before the air force and/or marine corps come knocking on your doors, to get it back?

Khan was enough of a realist to know he was screwed the moment he set foot on the Reliant. Add to that, you've got the missing genesis project, materials and scientists, thus setting the program back by, what, like 5 years or more? Yeah, they were hooped.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Khan of course, said that to answer Joachim's question "why not just cut our losses and run?"The real reason is because Khan knew just how much trouble he stirred up with the federation by stealing one of its starships and dispossessing the crew. The only course of action available to them was revenge and/or die trying.

Imagine that you did a similar thing. You broke into a naval base, stormed a heavy cruiser (of any kind), kicked the crew off, and then stole the ship. How far do you think you are going to get, realistically? How long before the air force and/or marine corps come knocking on your doors, to get it back?

Khan was enough of a realist to know he was screwed the moment he set foot on the Reliant. Add to that, you've got the missing genesis project, materials and scientists, thus setting the program back by, what, like 5 years or more? Yeah, they were hooped.
Only one answer to that Steve..."FULL POWER! DAMN YOU!"

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Khan of course, said that to answer Joachim's question "why not just cut our losses and run?"The real reason is because Khan knew just how much trouble he stirred up with the federation by stealing one of its starships and dispossessing the crew. The only course of action available to them was revenge and/or die trying.

Of course Khan was devoid of any common sense , as Spock pointed out he only thought in two dimensions , common sense would have pointed out that accepting help from the federation would have saved the lives of himself and his people and any other action would have resulted in the death of himself and crew or at the very least life imprisonment

But if he did use common sense we would not have had a film lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
nice collection, a buddy in NZ is currently lighting up a DS9, given me the incentive to do the same to a Klingon D7, slowly collecting all the bits n bobs to do it

C

CDW

\ said:
"why not just cut our losses and run?".
That's quite a nice simple way of saying.....

They had a ship

They were free to go where they wanted

Permanent exile on ceti alpha 5 was over

Kahn had defeated kirk 1st, in getting off ce5 and 2nd, causing him distress by attacking his crew in numerous ways.

As joachim said ''you do not need to defeat him again''

THE best original cast star trek film by far..... Slightly outdone by cumberbachs acting prowess in JJ Abrams version. :smiling3: :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That's quite a nice simple way of saying.....They had a ship

They were free to go where they wanted

Permanent exile on ceti alpha 5 was over

Kahn had defeated kirk 1st, in getting off ce5 and 2nd, causing him distress by attacking his crew in numerous ways.

As joachim said ''you do not need to defeat him again''

THE best original cast star trek film by far..... Slightly outdone by cumberbachs acting prowess in JJ Abrams version. :smiling3: :smiling3:
For me cumberbach lacks the on screen presence of montalbans

W

Willi262

I still have to ask then, How far do you think Khan would get before every ship in the area was on him? I used to think like that once, but when I really considered it, I figured it was unlikely that starfleet would just let Khan keep the ship because he took it "fairly and squarely". That makes about as much sense as a modern day warship being stormed by somali pirates, the crew put off in life boats, and the pirates make off with the ship. No government or armed forces would ever tolerate such belligerence. They might enjoy a brief run, but in the end, it will be going down in a blaze of (imagined) glory.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Within 24 hours every ship in the area of ceti Alfa 5 would have been in the are within 48 it would have been a smoking derelict :smiling3:

W

Willi262

On the other hand, imagine what would happen if Khan and company were successful. Kirk is dead, the enterprise in ruins, if not totally destroyed. The genesis project, for all intents and purposes has been postponed indefinitely.

If I were of the federation council or starfleet top brass, I'd be pretty torqued up about it as soon as I got the news.

Now what if they've been on the lam for 5-10 years. Reliant is becoming less so, after years of in attention from unskilled tenants. Sure, a lot of things can be automated but there are still systems that will require crew monitoring, and Khan didn't bring enough 'manpower' no matter how genetically modified it may be.

But what if it became necessary to do major repairs? They can't put into any space dock, the Feds are hunting them (or should be). Member worlds but not with starfleet are out of the question too because spies are everywhere. They might be able to barter or trade or otherwise bully lesser tech races, or work with bounty hunters and other rogues and smugglers, but how easy would it be to rebuild the forward 1/3 of the saucer section (for whatever reason). Or reinstall a shuttlebay? Or the transporters? Or the reattaching of a damaged warp nacelle or pylon?

In his lust for revenge, I think Khan didn't really think things through. :smiling3:

C

CDW

\ said:
For me cumberbach lacks the on screen presence of montalbans
I didn't write what I meant there, missing out my point completely...It seemed right in my head as i was thinking it though :smiling3:

I meant montalbans performance in Space seed to compare actors of the same age ish, he was a bit plastic then in my opinion.

I agree though, as I've said above with the film being tops for me, he plays an excelent role in the film.