My Starfleet

Which star trek race do you prefer?

• Fights for justice and equality, respects of other beings: Federation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rough and ready, shakes you down for your lunch money: Klingon

• Sly and sneaky, can't hit me if you can't see me (engage cloaking device): Romulan

• Total voters

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You seem to be forgetting one thing. Khan would have gotten away...have you noticed that Starfleet only has around three ships at any one time? I mean, any crap that hits the galactic fan, who is it that has to go...yep Enterprise. Your're the only vessel within range...Bull...they ain't got any others. :D

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Willi262

I found these guys hiding in the hard drive. I took them a few years ago, I think back in 2010 or thereabouts.

View attachment 71639

View attachment 71640

View attachment 71641

the enterprise is in 350 scale and was the first present my wife (then girlfriend) gave me. It wasn't my best work, all wonky lines and whatnot. I should have painted the shield grid lines in grey not black or maybe a wash, but I was still relearning everything.

reliant1.JPG

reliant2.JPG

entrel.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I had that Enterprise kit, I faffed so much with the plating slightly different shades to get the effect that I was going blind lol.

Si:smiling3:

H

Harry Labanville

I like the idea that you took them out of the loft to make some SPACE.

Cosmic or intergalactical?

W

Willi262

\ said:
I had that Enterprise kit, I faffed so much with the plating slightly different shades to get the effect that I was going blind lol.Si:smiling3:
It came with a set of "stencil masks" so one could (if one was so inclined) attempt to paint out the 'aztec pattern' on the hull. But you only get one sheet and have to copy it out like 15 times, cut out the opposite masks, stick 'em to the hull, and paint out the pattern you need. Stupid. I took one look at that and ran off screaming. I settled for enhancing the shield grid lines for extra detail instead. But as I mentioned, and looking at it now, I probably should have gone with a medium dark grey, so they would be noticeable, but not "in your face about it".

The old enterprise-D model actually has the pattern embossed on the hull. Faintly, but if you have the time and patience, you can paint out what you need, without the need for a stencil mask.

First Name
Andy
Hi Steve,

You certainly have a great collection, I do like the Reliant (NCC 1864) ship you have built, although my favourite has to be Voyager (NCC-74656), Next Generation would have been tons better if, they didn't have that annoying kid in it and that Tasha Yar wasn't killed off... :sad:

Andy...

W

Willi262

I met Denise Crosby a few years ago. She was great. Easy to talk to, joke with. I made her laugh when I brought up her movie "trekkers", the docco-type film about trek fans, when I said the picture that some of those fans made of themselves (and how poorly their costumes fit them), made me hit the floor and start doing push ups! We got this from her...View attachment 71941

IMGP0753.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

You have a huge collection there (bet it's a mistake saying that there will be loads say there's are bigger) but they look impressive and we'll made to me. May the force be with you, oops sorry wrong film.

C

cryton 5

:cool:cool dude envy in a respectful way , be starting shortly on enterprise 1701B fibre;) optic's been a bit down lately cry !

W

Willi262

I'm looking forward to your Enterprise-B, Cryton.

it's really the only one of the set that I don't have. The Excelsior is filling in for the moment.

Im giving voyager a go with painting some mismatched grey panels, but the energy isn't there a.t.m. Maybe tomorrow.

B

BigZimmo

Nice collection, Willi:smiling3:..... but where's Archer's NX-01?? ;)

I'm looking a long time for a large model of the "USS Defiant". You can get it on ebay......but only for a high price.

:smiling3:

W

Willi262

\ said:
Nice collection, Willi:smiling3:..... but where's Archer's NX-01?? ;) I'm looking a long time for a large model of the "USS Defiant". You can get it on ebay......but only for a high price.

:smiling3:
I have one. Defiant I mean. I paid about 80$ at a convention a few years ago, but I haven't even touched it yet. I opened the box to check the condition of the parts and decals and everything is in order, but I just haven't really felt the urge to start it. I also have Uss Voyager in varying states of paint and/or assembly, but that one too is suffering from a lack of attention. As far as "enterprise nx-01 goes"... ugh.

B

BigZimmo

Argh ..... $ 80 is really a steep price for a model. But as a fan you're already willing to pay so much.

I know the feeling well, if you take a look in a kit box and then closes again very quickly and think:" better get back on the sofa and watch star trek.....";)

Currently I'm watching "DS9"..........I think for the thirtiest time...... :D

By the way ...... we are namesake. "Steve" in German means "Stefan". :smiling3:

Last edited: