My work space & my bed

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

My work area/bedroom. 12'*9'. It is a squash.

Not clinical. I set out to make it easy to reach all items & easy to use. I just added when I found that I needed.

Laurie

Apologies. Most of this is written in English but with a few & more Laurie deviations.

Wy3G0A.jpg 61HKMp.jpg fw8p5O.jpg oo5NjJ.jpg qK31iJ.jpg FezQnx.jpg oWydEJ.jpg iz0Xws.jpg rKMol3.jpg xzmH7Y.jpg wtybkg.jpg HhavYa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Laurie
I thought I was organised and worked in a tidy way but I can't compete with this. I'm jealous :tongue-out3:
I like particularly the sanders in a carousel and the adjustable working height.
Jim

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Some very industrious ideas here and a superb use of space!

Like Jim I thought I kept a tidy space, but this sets the bar even higher.

Particularly impressed by your lighting skills, especially with the dioramas. It's perfect.

Also, those Navy birds didn't go unoticed!

D

Deleted member 7181

Very nicely laid out Laurie, and some great ideas to borrow.

I like you're idea for the tiered work height solution in particular. I currently rest models on top of boxes or whatever I can find when I want to work at eye level, but had been thinking about a couple of pull out shelves on locking drawer runners. When I eventually get around to building a proper bench that is!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Laurie......I would hate for JR (453) to see this as he would finally realize there is absolutely no hope of him ever getting into the "Tidy Bench Club"......The competition is waaaaaay too fierce!! Best organized hobby space on the planet Sir! :thumb2: Rick H.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nice Laurie, great idea with the tape dispensers. I also live in a flat and did something similar with my compressor. Only problem is on a solid wood floor it does have a tendency to slowly wander off when running.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
That's a lovely place to be Laurie! :thumb2:
I was wondering about the bed, in my experience a bed produces a lot of dust particles, do you have to dust-off the models a lot or haven't you got any issues with it?
Cheers, Steven

D

Deleted member 5496

That's a lovely place to be Laurie! :thumb2:
I was wondering about the bed, in my experience a bed produces a lot of dust particles, do you have to dust-off the models a lot or haven't you got any issues with it?
Cheers, Steven

D

Deleted member 5496

Steven we have big issues. A building site about 50feet 17m from the face of our windows. So my models are covered with dust. Not bethering to clean until the dirty work is complete. Work tops are everyy day sprayed with window cleaner & wiped.

Before they started work I would about once a year brush them down. Bedding is all cotton no wool which is a nuisance. Removed the curtains & replaced with plastic slatted blinds.

Laurie

First Name
Carl
My work area/bedroom. 12'*9'. It is a squash.

Not clinical. I set out to make it easy to reach all items & easy to use. I just added when I found that I needed.

Laurie

Apologies. Most of this is written in English but with a few & more Laurie deviations.

View attachment 412430 View attachment 412431 View attachment 412432 View attachment 412433 View attachment 412434 View attachment 412435 View attachment 412436 View attachment 412437 View attachment 412438 View attachment 412439 View attachment 412440 View attachment 412441
I think I nearly dribbled down my chin when I saw that stash of paints..

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oooh...love the tape bar. Same feeling when I see a real bar.
I could never get my tools organised the way you've done Laurie.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

I think I nearly dribbled down my chin when I saw that stash of paints..
Well Carl I got together the Vallejo set. Then found I liked Tamiya. :rolling:

Although for certain things such as hand brushing they get a bit of a look in Vallejo. Makes me feel much better after spending all that lolly..

D

Deleted member 5496

Oooh...love the tape bar. Same feeling when I see a real bar.
I could never get my tools organised the way you've done Laurie.

Cheers,
Richard
Tape bar dead easy Richard.

B & Q have the bits you can see under the tape cassette. Where you have a copper heating pipe coming out of the wall or floor a cap is stocked by B & Q to place over the pipe. You need a long screw to go through the lot into the shelf.

You do need the Tamiya Tape cassettes. Loaded so that the stick side is away from the little perforated cutters on the cassette.

Laurie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Laurie

I am very jealous of that set up, very jealous indeed. And you get to do it on the lovely Island of Jersey too.

Out of interest you're not looking to adopt are you? If so I'm available. The thought of inheriting that set up....:cool:...oh and a flat on Jersey....;):smiling2:

ATB.

Andrew