My work space & my bed

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Laurie

I am very jealous of that set up, very jealous indeed. And you get to do it on the lovely Island of Jersey too.

Out of interest you're not looking to adopt are you? If so I'm available. The thought of inheriting that set up....:cool:...oh and a flat on Jersey....;):smiling2:

ATB.

Andrew

Adopt. Only if you have lots of dosh Richard

The set up. Well I spent 50 year in architecture so have that mind set fitting things in.
However it is all simple stuff. Work top is a B& Q worktop with legs from Amazon.
Shelves & brackets B & Q. Lights cheap on Amazon.

All the boxes Amzon or W H Smith. There is no fanciful stuff even the little pull out slides are just Conti Board with B & Q drawer runners.

Greatest is the time. But I started just with a work top & shelf. Just kept adding.

Jersey. Reported recently that Jersey the most expensive place to live in the world. Do not believe it. Amazon remove VAT to Jersey :hungry:

Laurie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I think I'm fine where I am Laurie...it's Andrew who wants to be adopted but I don't mind the inheritance.;):tears-of-joy:

Ta on the tape dispensing bar tip...a bit confusing since I don't come from these parts but lucky Andy's comments made it clearer. I wonder if Aircon vent tubes have the same caps.

Cheers,
Richard

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

I think I'm fine where I am Laurie...it's Andrew who wants to be adopted but I don't mind the inheritance.;):tears-of-joy:

Ta on the tape dispensing bar tip...a bit confusing since I don't come from these parts but lucky Andy's comments made it clearer. I wonder if Aircon vent tubes have the same caps.

Cheers,
Richard

Cheers,
Richard
OK Richard that is a relief :hungry:

Laurie
I think I can adapt and overlap consecutive sized washers to replace the cap. ;)

Cheers,
Richard
You can get large washers with small holes

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
OK Richard that is a relief :hungry:

Laurie

You can get large washers with small holes
Laurie, our hardware stores here are quite general so getting specifics can be challenging as they will sell you what they have with the usual " no problem lar this one can one..." and with a tooth pick between his teeth.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Othere way around here Richard. Just as bizzare. :hungry:

Order something from Amazon. Anything minor arrives next day in a huge cardboard box. Yesterday. Big box. Iteme inside in big doubl strngth plastic bag. Item, small lobster claw cramps minute in another plastic bad. Claws in another transparent plasto resealable bag. Is this good for the world.

Laurie

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I think I can adapt and overlap consecutive sized washers to replace the cap. ;)

Cheers,
Richard
Why not look at plastic jar or bottle lids? Drill a hole through the middle and away you go - can remember from years ago rows of jam jars in garages with the lids screwed to the bottom of shelves to hold nuts an bolts..

D

Deleted member 5496

Why not look at plastic jar or bottle lids? Drill a hole through the middle and away you go - can remember from years ago rows of jam jars in garages with the lids screwed to the bottom of shelves to hold nuts an bolts..
Great idea Gerry. Just to make sure the lids are no more than 2" across. Just measured & that is the max.

Laurie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with my friend from the colonies
Hi Laurie......I would hate for JR (453) to see this as he would finally realize there is absolutely no hope of him ever getting into the "Tidy Bench Club"......The competition is waaaaaay too fierce!! Best organized hobby space on the planet Sir! :thumb2: Rick H.
Seeing this from Laurie I have defiantly no hope of ever gaining membership to the Tidy Bench Club. Having applied countless times and been refused I feel the time has come to abandon all hope.:cold-sweat:

D

Deleted member 5496

Agree with my friend from the colonies

Seeing this from Laurie I have defiantly no hope of ever gaining membership to the Tidy Bench Club. Having applied countless times and been refused I feel the time has come to abandon all hope.:cold-sweat:

Of course you have John. Winston Chruchill quoted that courage is the first of all human qualities & determined & guranteed all the others..

I disagree (but Churchill is stiil my hero). Determination is is the first as with out it you I & all others will never get any where with out it. It gurantees all the other human virtues.

So tidy bench. Each morning I use a squirt of glass cleaner & duster on each surface. Now ready. Just to say that I will not go to bed unless my work place is tidy all tools put away for the next day.

Now. If you do not keep your bench tidy & replace tools after "each" session you are losing model making time. Why ? You will be searching for tools etc. Just takes that determination.

So there John that has sorted you out. I will be enquiring in future to ensure you are using determination & keeping that bench clean ;)

Laurie

PS it has only taken me 82 years & 60 years of marriage to a wife moaning if I do not put things away, load the dishwasher correctly, leave half eaten sandwiches lying around & then there is just general grumbling.:tongue-out3:;):rolling:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5496

Well that explains the Surgeon's Theatre of cleanliness and sanitation we are witnessing here..........it is spelled SWMBO :tongue-out3: :tongue-out: :tongue-out2: ;):thumb2: Rick H.

Wot wot no no.

This is the Laurie regime.

It takes my wife at least 2 minutes to find her mobile when it rings. I have even put it on a chain for a 5 sec grab the monster. But no.

Her drawers, the one you keep clothes in ha ha, are in a mess. Even the fish in the fish tank are confused. Come now Rick let us have reality :tongue-out3:

Any way who is this Swmbo person !!!

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
She Who Must Be Obeyed..........You know, The one who goes about the house finding fault with all you do or admonishing you when things are not done immediately, if not sooner......that person.....They turn up shortly after one gets Married and they get you to wondering how you ever survived before they entered your life and so you ask them and they intuitively know the answer to your inquiry and soooooo much more. :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out: Rick H.

D

Deleted member 5496

Leo Kearn superb portrayal as Rumpole.

Hilda his wife as he quotes "She who must be obeyed".