Neil's 1/32 WWI Nurse

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking forward to this and like Scottie I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two. The box art is quite stunning to my eyes.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking forward to this. Cast looks very clean. A subtle element to the sculpt I seem to remember is that she is perceptibly shorter than male figures from the same range.

Box art is by Mike Butler isn’t it? I seem to remember Andy Belsey doing a dio backdrop for it…..

Last edited:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking forward to this and like Scottie I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two. The box art is quite stunning to my eyes.
False modesty aside, Jim, I don't know what you're going to learn from me on this. My painting process is always a 'fingers crossed' affair, unless it's some history you're expecting :tears-of-joy: .
I have to agree about the box art though- it's rather a high bar for me :tired:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking forward to this. Cast looks very clean. A subtle element to the sculpt I seem to remember is that she is perceptibly shorter than male figures from the same range.

Box art is by Mike Butler isn’t it? I seem to remember Andy Belsey doing a dio backdrop for it…..
It's a very clean cast, took me all of five minutes to clean up (AND break the pencil...)
I believe she IS shorter than the men in the range, I'll take a pic later as a comparison.
As for the box art, you're quite right it's by Mike the Kiwi Butler, so don't expect ANYTHING like that standard from ham-fisted me! I'll be like Tony Hancock in that old film (The Artist?) lol.
Andy Belsey did a superb tent model for her back in the day when Military Modelling was an actual magazine RIP .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
False modesty aside, Jim, I don't know what you're going to learn from me on this. My painting process is always a 'fingers crossed' affair, unless it's some history you're expecting :tears-of-joy: .
I have to agree about the box art though- it's rather a high bar for me :tired:
Isn’t everyones?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good grief…..don’t remember the figure I compared her with being that much taller…..she is pretty much spot on though….

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Good grief…..don’t remember the figure I compared her with being that much taller…..she is pretty much spot on though….
she's actually quite tall for a girl of the time. My Grandson (16) is 6'7" and I'm 5'8" so it's not inconceivable at all.
When he hugs me I feel like a hobbit hugging Gandalf :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:! (he's not allowed to do it in public now;))