andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi everybody.
Well after a 40 year lay off taken up scale models again. as most people, started off on the good old Airfix models then progressed to Tamiya tanks.
So now I've been retired for 3ish years and decided to take up scale models again (my my, how things have changed). Started with a Revell US MTB, enjoyed making it so got the Revell Schnellboot S100, completed that and trying to put it in a sea diorama. Want to get the Italeri Schnellboot S38 in 1/35 scale but, and its a big but, got to convince 'She who must be obeyed' to let me buy it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi and welcome aboard.
Hope you enjoy it here.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
A very warm welcome to the mad house. You have found the best modelling site out there. Lots of friendly banter and non judgemental.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
thanks for the welcome, have a feeling could be posting a lot of questions as things have changed so much.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Welcome Andy couldn't have picked a better place to join lots of friendly advice and help with the occasional madness thrown in for good measure

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A warm welcome from me too Andy,
... I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here :thumb2:

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Hello Andy
Welcome to the funhaus, lots to learn and lots to share here, most of all enjoy the hobby
Niho

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
welcome - questions? fire away - you'll get answers - and some of them may even be useful!! Good to see another member from Gods' Country!
Dave

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
"Want to get the Italeri Schnellboot S38 in 1/35 scale but, and its a big but, got to convince 'She who must be obeyed' to let me buy it."
Andy, welcome to the forum. Ref the boat - sneak it in wrapped in decorative Xmas paper and tell her it is something for Xmas - she will think it is a new dress, but find the biggest pot you can and wear it over Xmas...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
"Want to get the Italeri Schnellboot S38 in 1/35 scale but, and its a big but, got to convince 'She who must be obeyed' to let me buy it."
Andy, welcome to the forum. Ref the boat - sneak it in wrapped in decorative Xmas paper and tell her it is something for Xmas - she will think it is a new dress, but find the biggest pot you can and wear it over Xmas...

That is sneaky - but sounds good! I wish I'd had a camera when I brought my 1/35 Dora home and SWMBO saw the box! (It's so big it would not fit in the boot of my Merc 230 - I had to put it on the back seat).

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is sneaky - but sounds good! I wish I'd had a camera when I brought my 1/35 Dora home and SWMBO saw the box! (It's so big it would not fit in the boot of my Merc 230 - I had to put it on the back seat).
WELL GERN when we see it built on here ?
chrisb