andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
"Want to get the Italeri Schnellboot S38 in 1/35 scale but, and its a big but, got to convince 'She who must be obeyed' to let me buy it."
Andy, welcome to the forum. Ref the boat - sneak it in wrapped in decorative Xmas paper and tell her it is something for Xmas - she will think it is a new dress, but find the biggest pot you can and wear it over Xmas...
Hummm, sounds good, you got any body armour I could borrow.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
WELL GERN when we see it built on here ?
chrisb

I posted pictures about - ooohhh, I can't remember when! Certainly before you started your Tiger, so seriously ancient history now. Not worth taking pics now after many years of general shelf rot and bits knocked off during cat explorations of my spare room!

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Welcome to the forum Andy, I looked at the 1/35 boat but I need to extend the house to get it in
Ah, that is a bit of a problem, we've the advantage of taking over one of the bedrooms, kids left years ago. She who must be obeyed, has one side of the room for sewing and I have other side, well more of a corner actually.
Its certainly a beast of a model.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome to the asulym!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now there's an idea, she's going to her fathers for a weekend in Oct. Hummm Not sure I've got the bottle.
go be brave as if you dont try you will never know will you an just wear a hard hat
chrisb

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you all for the welcome
Have ended up getting the 1/72 Fore Hobby S38, which I think is as well detailed as the Italeri 1/35. Have started anew thread under boats under construction. Just not getting on very quickly.