New one on the way

J

John Huggins

'HELP', I think im turning in to a techy, i'll explain, while building my KS750 i found Tamiya has left of what i consider (as a former machnic) a major engine component, the down pips from the cylinder head to the equalizing chamber, so a quick tinternet thingy & found what i was looking for (simples) so i set about making my own, but befor i new it i had made HT leads, clutch & brake cables and even the leavers for the handel bars where will it end, Ahhhh. LOL.

Last edited:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking forward to seeing in all it glory air brush or free hand?????

N

noble

this is looking very nice John and can't wait to see what you are going to do with it.

scott

F

Fewzz

These look really great!

Love your chipped paint, is that done with a pencil? maskol? or some other way?

J

John Huggins

Thanks for the comments Fewzz,

I used a dark gray primer then painted dark yellow top coat then used brown wash, then used a craft knife to scrape off the dark yellow to show the primer.

The outlining is done with dry brushing with Dark gray.

I used my hobby table lamp to heat up the mudguard to put the dent in it.

Glad u like as im new to wethering and im still experimenting.

Last edited:
T

tommy1drop

Hi John looking really good, youve got me hooked and im looking forward to the finished scene..

Tom

J

John Huggins

Thanks Tom,

still got the 8 ton half track to get to tow the 88, but will start the base soon.

J

John Huggins

Going to try and get the steering to work on the front bogie, should be fun as i've already built it, (STANLEY)

D

dazt2801

Hi John

Looking stunning mate. Are you going to be showing this little diorama anywhere in Plymouth. I would love to see it first hand.

I am only just getting back into doing models. My mrs old man does them all the time. He got another highly commended at Plymouth's Model Club last month. I told him I am going to get higher than him in the next show.

Looking forward to seeing the final piece.

Darren

J

John Huggins

Hi Darren,

thanks for the comment, i do not belong to a model club and i have not shown any of my model's but would like to.

where do u show them in plymouth ??

Where is ur club.

Last edited:
N

noble

Mr Huggins sir i do like the 88 nice work on the weathering, look forward to seeing the rest.

scott

J

John Huggins

Why thank u Mr Scott, im away for the next 4 day's but i've got my son bidding on a Dragon Half-Track, lets hope he wins it so i can get on with finishing the Dio.

As most of the post's on this thread are mine i wont post any more pic's now till it's all finished.

John.

D

dazt2801

\ said:
Hi Darren, thanks for the comment, i do not belong to a model club and i have not shown any of my model's but would like to.

where do u show them in plymouth ??

Where is ur club.
Hi John

I aint part of a club either mate. The father in law is. He does a lot of the shows around here every year as well as going to Telford. My efforts are a little to crap to show off at the minute.

Cheers Darren

J

John Huggins

Thanks Darren,

what Club dose ur father- in- law belong to in plymouth ??