Now what can I do with this ?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
View attachment 73490

This is airfix 1/72 Junkers JU 52 I built this when I got back into modelling again ( nearly two years ago ) so you can see it's not great and I think I've got the colour wrong , I painted it dark green and black green I know I should have used a lighter green but I like it so I've decided to present it better and due to me adding the floats it will have to be at sea

So if anyone can come up with an idea as apposed to just sticking it on clear silicon I'm open to suggestions :smiling3:

Ps and no simon I don't want to crash it lol

image.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looks a very nice build Alan and great colour scheme. The only thing I can see is that there is some silvering of the fuselage decal, otherwise she looks the business and I would be pleased to have her on my shelf. As far as dios are concerned I've never made one but I'm sure someone on the forum will give you some good ideas.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
How about parking it alongside a jetty with some figures/cargo waiting to be loaded? Or possibly alongside an S-boat - I know Revell do one in 1/72.

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you Vaughn I appreciate that :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks superb Alan, this is what I wanted to make and have it taking off, either add some prop-blur or remove the probs, add a thin clear rod, angle it and then have the waves and spray coming from the rear as she takes to the skies. Or what you need is my 1/72 E-boat to accompany her.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
How about parking it alongside a jetty with some figures/cargo waiting to be loaded? Or possibly alongside an S-boat - I know Revell do one in 1/72.Gern
You know Gern I have an S-100 in the stash I wonder how that might work against a jetty with it

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I think I've got the colour wrong , I painted it dark green and black green
No you haven't. Land based colours would have been RLM 70 and 71 and for a maritime aircraft RLM 72 and 72. Both schemes are a combination of greens and both comprise a dark green and slightly less dark green with limited contrast between the two. I'd challenge anybody to tell the difference on a model!

You could make a little diorama, having the aircraft afloat on a lake or the sea, maybe moored alongside a wooden jetty or dock. I think you are being a bit modest, that model looks pretty good to me and would make a nice centrepiece for some kind of display.

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks superb Alan, this is what I wanted to make and have it taking off, either add some prop-blur or remove the probs, add a thin clear rod, angle it and then have the waves and spray coming from the rear as she takes to the skies. Or what you need is my 1/72 E-boat to accompany her.Si:smiling3:
I got this one :smiling3: View attachment 73491

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
No you haven't. Land based colours would have been RLM 70 and 71 and for a maritime aircraft RLM 72 and 72. Both schemes are a combination of greens and both comprise a dark green and slightly less dark green with limited contrast between the two. I'd challenge anybody to tell the difference on a model!You could make a little diorama, having the aircraft afloat on a lake or the sea, maybe moored alongside a wooden jetty or dock. I think you are being a bit modest, that model looks pretty good to me and would make a nice centrepiece for some kind of display.

Cheers

Steve
Thanks for that Steve I like the idea of a lake as I can put a bit of land on it without having to build buildings

Thanks mate :smiling3:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Alan I know you weren't asking for a critique of your model but I felt that you were being a bit hard on yourself saying that it wasn't that good. You obviously have some good modelling skills and Dave has already come up with some good ideas:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Do it, you could do that the S-boat has broken down and then Junkers has gone to the aid of it.Si:smiling3:
Great idea Si :smiling3:

You know with all the great ideas I think I might have to chose via a pol :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan I know you weren't asking for a critique of your model but I felt that you we being a bit hard on yourself saying that it wasn't that good. You obviously have some good modelling Skills and Dave has already come up with some good ideas:smiling3:
Not at all Vaughn I'm my own worse critique so I'm pleased that people like it maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You obviously have some good modelling Skills
+1 nowt wrong with your skills Alan, in fact you're better than me, well I think you are.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now stop it chaps you'll make me blush.

I like my modesty :smiling3:

I'm ok at it

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Now stop it chaps you'll make me blush.I like my modesty :smiling3:

I'm ok at it
Lol...take it while you can mate.

C

CDW

Its not a question of what YOU can do with it but what I could do with it ..... And that would be hanging it from the grandsons ceiling coz I think it looks a nicely built model !

If you must keep it then I'll go along with the idea of it at a quay of something getting loaded, I'll bet there's suitable figures knocking around that would do and you can scratch build the boxes and crates no problems.

First Name
Gregg
Looks good to me, and the e-boat idea is the one I would choose. But then I'm biased. ;)

Maybe a damages/sinking boote with dinghies roped between the 2!

Gregg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks good to me, and the e-boat idea is the one I would choose. But then I'm biased. ;) Maybe a damages/sinking boote with dinghies roped between the 2!

Gregg
Gregg now that is a great idea but how about this for a twist

Instead of a sinking E Boote what about a sinking MBT :smiling3: