Now what can I do with this ?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Middle of the sea and out of fuel and a boat coming out to it with drums, hoses and the like. Or indeed in the process of refuelling it....

Ian M

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Gregg now that is a great idea but how about this for a twistInstead of a sinking E Boote what about a sinking MBT :smiling3:
Yeh, like that better as the Schnellboote took some sinking! ;)

Gregg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Middle of the sea and out of fuel and a boat coming out to it with drums, hoses and the like. Or indeed in the process of refuelling it....Ian M
Nice idea Ian I do have some kreigsmareine (spelling) doing mundane tasks :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
How about a Special Forces or Spy transfer...:cool:
Andy that is intreaging with a little British fishing boat pulling up along side ready to hand over stollen documents yes I like that

W

Willi262

Middle of the sea and out of fuel and a boat coming out to it with drums, hoses and the like. Or indeed in the process of refuelling it....
Why not make that boat a U-boat? Maybe removing a badly injured sailor for airlift rescue?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Why not make that boat a U-boat? Maybe removing a badly injured sailor for airlift rescue?
Nice idea but it would be too big to do shame really because if lived in a mansion I'd do it :smiling3:

W

Willi262

Nah, I am where I am because of the choices I made (and sometimes were made for me) and I would not be who I am if it did not unfold like that.

I am joking really because I've seen some of the picture outside of the subject, and it looks like you have a nice space, good yard, nice shrubbery around. etc.

I feel more limited in where I can display some of my works, but then when I think about it, all throughout my life, it's been like that.

It's the 'canadian spirit' of making the most out of the least, I guess.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I like Ian's suggestion of refuelling at sea. As for the model, nicely built. I'd say you were very courageous in building that on your return to the hobby, I built the Airfix Ju52 a while ago and it was a real filler and sand paper eater. Turns out well as yours has with a bit of care and attention though. Steve's comments about RLM72/73 colours (I think Steve meant the maritime colours as he wrote 72 twice) is correct, I bought the two colours for a German seaplane and there is very little contrast between the two shades.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Nah, I am where I am because of the choices I made (and sometimes were made for me) and I would not be who I am if it did not unfold like that.I am joking really because I've seen some of the picture outside of the subject, and it looks like you have a nice space, good yard, nice shrubbery around. etc.

I feel more limited in where I can display some of my works, but then when I think about it, all throughout my life, it's been like that.

It's the 'canadian spirit' of making the most out of the least, I guess.
No need to explain mate we all go through tough times and we have to accept the choices we have made in our life

I'm more fortunate than most but never look down because I remember where I began and it keeps me on sure ground.

Not all choices we make in life workout the way we want but be true to yourself and work with it and even the smallest of us can be proud of what we've got or achieved.

Good luck will and be happy

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I like Ian's suggestion of refuelling at sea. As for the model, nicely built. I'd say you were very courageous in building that on your return to the hobby, I built the Airfix Ju52 a while ago and it was a real filler and sand paper eater. Turns out well as yours has with a bit of care and attention though. Steve's comments about RLM72/73 colours (I think Steve meant the maritime colours as he wrote 72 twice) is correct, I bought the two colours for a German seaplane and there is very little contrast between the two shades.
It does need a bit of filling but at the time I flooded the joins with glue and it seemed to work , the one thing I didn't like about the kit was the cockpit frame there was no defined lines to work too so it took a bit of effort to keep the lines straight.