Oh dear it's a 1/72 Bristol Beveldere

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I will follow if I may. I remember these flying out of RAF Khormaksar (Aden) when I was there in the '60s. Weird, ugly beasts.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Fellas,
I will follow if I may. I remember these flying out of RAF Khormaksar (Aden) when I was there in the '60s. Weird, ugly beasts.
John.
Were you serving there John? Just saw a documentary on Mad Mike in Aden.
Just pulled up my chair Richard, really liking what I’m seeing so far. Keep up the great work.
Glad you like it so far Ian.
That's great work on the interior so far Richard
Thanks Mick. Finally added the flooring.
You must have quite a stash of thin plastic strip :smiling3:
Have been replenishing my stock recently Jakko.
Nice job on the longerons and stringers on the interior there Richard.
Doug, so that's what they called. :smiling2:

Today I've been removing and drilling the exhaust ports to receive the new ones that I'll be making...
20230731_161252.jpg
From this...to this...and this...
20230731_161301.jpg20230731_172351.jpg20230731_161322.jpg
The skin frame is drilled larger so the exhaust pipes don't touch as if coming from inside the engine bay.

Cheers,
Wabble

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
By most accounts the Belvedere was a horrible beast, prone to all manner of mechanical problems, not the least of which was a tendency to spontaneously catch fire. There was an article in Aeroplane a while back that said no crew had anything good to say about it, with how to get in and out of it being a serious problem

Still, I always think it looks like a design by Frank Hampson, of original Dan Dare fame. But he'd have made a better job of it...
Now, THAT's got me thinking

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Richard. I was in Aden 64 to 67, so basically the whole of the "Emergency". I was not in the forces though. I was in a branch of the Diplomatic Service.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard. I was in Aden 64 to 67, so basically the whole of the "Emergency". I was not in the forces though. I was in a branch of the Diplomatic Service.
John.
Were you evacuated by Aircraft carrier at the later stage of leaving Aden?

Cheers,
Wabble

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Richard. No, I came out on one of the last aircraft. Nearly got arrested at UK Customs. They didn't like the fact I was still armed. Seems it was frowned on in the UK.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice improvements to the exhausts.
Thank you Jim.
Hi Richard. No, I came out on one of the last aircraft. Nearly got arrested at UK Customs. They didn't like the fact I was still armed. Seems it was frowned on in the UK.
John.
John, same reception if you enter my country armed. :smiling2:

Ceheers,
wabble

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I do enjoy seeing these older kits being brought up to standard. Nice one Richard.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I do enjoy seeing these older kits being brought up to standard. Nice one Richard.
Thanks Ian, it's quite fun if reference is available. Because its so small I get away by just eyeballing the detail and measurements. Anyway after that ridiculous jungle diorama I needed some scratch relief. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Wabble