Oh dear it's a 1/72 Bristol Beveldere

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys,
I'm armed with the components for one extended engine bay. Will tackle it tonight.

20230811_180607.jpg
Using an electric shaver used mesh that I have lying around. That circle bit is going to be one half of the turbine engine as I couldn't find anything size wise for it. It's only going to be a silhuette through the mesh anyway.

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bit late, but don't think I've missed much as you always jump in and change everything for the better Wabble.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Cunning solution Richard.
Took note to look for my old electric shavers (the German, not the Dutch ones ;))
More a hoarder than a solution Andrea. It's just me finding anything while browsing in departmental stores that might be useful, a habit from the days when after market stuff weren't available.
Bit late, but don't think I've missed much as you always jump in and change everything for the better Wabble.
Hi Wobble, missed only the innards but I'm surprised how fast this has been coming along by my standards.

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Shall pay more attention in future.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Shall pay more attention in future.
No worries John, the exterior has loads to do. I swear lots of things missing or is it that I'm doing a later version that's causing all these modifications? Next question at the forked junction...should I open the wall behind the co-pilots seat that leads to the cargo bay 'cos you'll see exhaust tubes running above. Headache. I may just leave it as the canopy glazing could distort vision as it isn't the best clear part too.

Cheers,
Wabble

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking forward to seeing how all those bits go together. Innovative use of the old shaver mesh.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
See, NEXT you'll be moulding your one replacement canopy to show off all the interior

And open up all the hatches...
I'm staying away from that and sticking with the old canopy...less seen the better.:smiling6:
Looking forward to seeing how all those bits go together. Innovative use of the old shaver mesh.
Say no more...here it is...

20230812_225516.jpg20230812_225531.jpg
Just done after painting the inside of the cargo bay. I still need to fill up the space after the mesh with putty...you can make out the spacers I have glued in between.
20230812_174342.jpg
That's the cargo bay sprayed. Can you see the grab handle I have attached to the side of the cargo doorway?
20230812_174609.jpg
Seats and exhausts getting a coat of paint.
Now everything will get a dark wash and weathering.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Guys thank you kindly,
That piece from the shaver looks really nice as a screen :smiling3:
Just chanced upon it in my bits drawer while looking for fine mesh, Jakko. Have quite a few spares.
Very nicely done mate, a very convincing piece of the scratchers art.
Appreciate it coming from you Scottie.
..... and they go together very well.
Patiently Jim.
Looking great what you're doing to this oldie Richard :thumb2:
Ah Fernando, nice to have you look in.

I've just puttied the rear end and leaving it to cure for the next hour before fine sanding to fit. Will add two more thin support frames after I check if it's on the inner or outer surface of the mesh.
20230813_020231.jpg

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Right at the end of the day the marked fuel ports and other holes were drilled and cleaned...
20230815_014849.jpg
You'll see five here, one more is out of the picture just below the rear exhaust. I will thin the back and fill with a backing and some rod bits for fuel caps.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Todays progress was minimal as I wasn't in the mood for any building but pushed myself. So the fuel port gaps have been plugged and detail added, painted and given a wash. The other apertures with tubes sticking out were plugged as well with rods peeking out.
20230816_001417.jpg20230816_001527.jpg
I didn't bother airbrushing the silver and just brush painted it on. Will mask later to get clean panels around the apertures.
Procrastination is creeping in and I'm fighting it. Some of it is just fear that I can't scratch the part and other times my visualising gets ahead of me and I daydream or fall asleep. Matron should make a surprise visit and slap me on the head. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Wabble