panzer II

D

dubster72

It looks really good with some colour on John. My favourite part is the painting & weathering stages & I reckon I've left various bits n pieces of kits all over the place - losing PE is my specialty!

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
It looks really good with some colour on John. My favourite part is the painting & weathering stages & I reckon I've left various bits n pieces of kits all over the place - losing PE is my specialty!
im with you on that patrick its my most favourite part of the modeland losing parts again im the same just want to get to the painted takes its toll on my models and i dont know if its just me but my PE....! parts just dont want to stick to the dam model

thanks for your kind words i'm off to do some spraying

john

D

dubster72

It's not just you! My PE sticks to my fingers, tweezers, toothpicks ....anywhere but the model!

Happy spraying!

D

dubster72

That's really good John! The shading is subtle but very effective. I'm wondering how much of your hard work & skill will be visible in the finished model though!

If the outside is as good as the inside, this will be very special.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
That's really good John! The shading is subtle but very effective. I'm wondering how much of your hard work & skill will be visible in the finished model though!If the outside is as good as the inside, this will be very special.
Hello dub well when it's finally finished you should see....... The very top of one of the chairs in the right light and the right angle..lol

No jokes aside the reason ive took do long is the speed that I get through models..plus I've never really built a detailed inside really a waste of time but it slows me down which is good on the pocket...

Thanks for your kind words

John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Too right it's getting there John, it's looking great matey.

Have fun, John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
cheers john start chipping today....

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
got some more done while i was painting this i realised that there going to be two more colours going on here so you wont probably see the post shading oh well least i get to try my new airbrush...

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
got the base coat on and the transfers then a little matt gloss before the hair spray comes along

D

dubster72

I reckon you've done really well there John, you can see the shading coming through. Are you planning a worn-through coat of desert yellow over the panzer grey?

Patrick

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
I certainly am bud its the next phase were it could all go a bit Pete tong.!!

Cheers for looking in and the encouragement means alot

John

D

dubster72

Looking forward to seeing witg but the only thing I'd mention is that the Afrika Korps insignia would have been painted on over the desert sand coat, not straight from the factory.

;)

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Don't tell me that now noooooo!!!!!!! Dam Nazi's

D

dubster72

Sorry! Wish it wasn't so but the factories didn't know where the tanks where going, plus the Panzerarmee Afrika was kind of an ad-hoc formation, so most paint & markings were done in-theatre.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well got ths hairspray chipping done might add a few more here and there but ready for the nxt phase

hope you like what u see...??