Perkasa MTB - help needed

W

woodallaitch

Perkasa Nut

Hi...I am a new member, just joined, and I also have a uncontrollable interest in all types of MTB's and the KD Perkasa's. My quiery is, are you from Stourbridge in the west midlands UK?. If you are, I am just round the corner, in Cradley Heath. I also am just about to start my next project, which is, wait for it, a Perkasa. I hope I can be of help via this forum, also I hope that you members out there will be helpful to me. I know a little bit about MTB's, but nearly Zero about Perkasa's. Anyway, enough rambling, hope to talk in the future...Aitch.

N

new to trains

are precision control still going ?????? i have a set of their fittings for a clyde puffer which has been on a shelf for 2 years so far !!!!, i recently wrote to them requesting an update as there are still a few fittings i need to obtain, the letter was returned saying not known at that address.....

i hope they are still in business....

A

Andyk

yes they are still in business but they moved I have the address some where I will try and dig it out later:thumbs-up

S

sharpshooter

Hi

I am new to this forum and have been following this post with interest. I built a Perkasa boat by Precedent a few years ago.

The model was originally powered by a 6.5 cc Moki Marine engine which has now been stripped out and replaced with a 600 Graupner electric motor and speed

controller,much easier to operate.When i have worked how i will post some images.

S

sharpshooter

Hi

Nice to know the pics work adzam, this boat was built about 15yrs ago and retired after motor problems. The model is 49" long and has a fibreglass hull and plywood deck and cabin .

Can anyone tell me if this kit is still available as i have not seen one here in recent times and have found that when i run the boat at our club it attracts

a lot of interest an am always asked where it can be obtained?

It is good to know that there is still a lot of interest in this type of boat and modern parts are available for it as the original kit parts are very outdated by todays standards. Its great to see roland building his Perkasa and look forwood to seing his progress.

My Perkasa was rebuilt about 2yrs ago and converted to electrics and i must say it was well worth the effort.

It now has a revolving radar ,working nav and running lights, a siren sound system and am now building a new stand to replace the crappy old one. Now i know how to post photos, i will post some closeups and shots of the original boat.

View attachment 7752

View attachment 7751

View attachment 7750

/monthly_2005_07/57272b6f432e7_Prekasa7.jpg.0e411c7bc872b1f9d92ddd3d295036bb.jpg

/monthly_2005_07/57272b6f412ef_Perkasa3.jpg.dfef8125696535259548ec592ca559c4.jpg

/monthly_2005_07/57272b6f3efeb_Perkara4.jpg.cf3430271b3b8d4a090d12efc134b0c2.jpg

View attachment 13045

View attachment 13046

View attachment 13047

Perkara 4.jpg

Perkasa 3.jpg

Prekasa 7.jpg

S

sharpshooter

S

sleeper88

Hi I just found this forum,

I have the smaller Perkasa at 36"

Bought and roughly restored about 3 years ago

and am halfway through building the 48" on the wooden hull

thanks to the pics posted here I have got the urge to get it finished

Dave

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Mine still need finishing off i've had it long enough but money is tight but when i work on it again it is going to have a rotating gun on the front aswell as working lights,horn and other things and will be electric powered.

M

madaboutlotus

Perkasa 1/24th

Hi,

I'm doing a restoration on a 20 year old precedent perkasa 1/25th on a fibreglass hull.

If anyone knows a website where I can get some detailed fittings, or crew, I'd be grateful.

Cheers all

Bill

M

madaboutlotus

Your Perkasa reno

Hi Rowland,

Just noticed you doing a restoration too! Just thought I'd mention this, although you probably know anyway, that the deck isn't meant to come off. The main deck should be fixed to the hull, the cabin structure then lifts out to gain access to the radio and motor. This way, you get a better water seal.

I ran my Perkasa on a single 12 volt motor quite successfully. It wasn't lightning fast, but fast enough to sheer off the rudder when it went over a hidden rock in the water!!!

That was 15 years ago, its been sitting in my garage ever since... until last weekend.

I'm making some detail improvements, I'm also taking this opportunity to increase the power by making it a 3 x 12 volt motor vessel. All 3 motors will run from their own speed controller and these will feed off from a mixer, that will cut power to one motor when the rudder control is used, to increase the turn ability.

TTFN

Bill

T

Tanker

perkasa

peterfbryant@yahoo.co.uk

Hi,I have recently aqquired a part built 42" perkasa. It is in a real mess, having been butchered by the previous owner. Does anyone have any plans/photos of this boat, or can ayone point me in the right direction?

Also, if someone can explain how to post pictures, I would like to put a couple on here.

many thanks

Rowland.
Hi,

I have built the smaller perkasa. I have the plan book which covers bothe large and small. Would you like me to copy it and post it to you? If so I will need your address. If you would like to give me your e-mail address I will send you a picture of my boat.

Pete.

S

soldier151

Perkasa 49 inch

Hi Guys

I have a full and a very badly made superstructure for a 49 inch perkasa which I would like to renovate/rebuild. I have the instruction book for the boat but don't have any plans, can anyone help with either copies of the formers for the superstructure which I intend to make out of Plasticard or with a copy of the plans. The die sheet shows the shapes of the formers but can't be enlarged to get the right sizes. Any help would be useful,

p.s. I sail at Killingworth Lake in Geordieland:music_too

K

KenP

I believe there is a semi-kit of a Perkasa now available from John Haynes, complete with his fittings

N

new to trains

Hi Rowland,Just noticed you doing a restoration too! Just thought I'd mention this, although you probably know anyway, that the deck isn't meant to come off. The main deck should be fixed to the hull, the cabin structure then lifts out to gain access to the radio and motor. This way, you get a better water seal.

I ran my Perkasa on a single 12 volt motor quite successfully. It wasn't lightning fast, but fast enough to sheer off the rudder when it went over a hidden rock in the water!!!

That was 15 years ago, its been sitting in my garage ever since... until last weekend.

I'm making some detail improvements, I'm also taking this opportunity to increase the power by making it a 3 x 12 volt motor vessel. All 3 motors will run from their own speed controller and these will feed off from a mixer, that will cut power to one motor when the rudder control is used, to increase the turn ability.

TTFN

Bill
We have several perkasa's in our club, the first is powered by 2x astro electric flight cobalt motors, powered by 6x 2 volt 5ah cyclon cells to make a 12 volt pack, the astros spin some small props but the boat flies, - it really flies- duration is only about 35 mins but the performance is stunning and very realistic.

the other has a triple prop set up powered by 3 graupner 700 BB turbo motors, these motors are powered by 3 x 6 volt lead acid cells to make 18 volts thorugh each motor, this also flies and the wake from the boat is wild, it again is very realistic when running at speed, again duration is around 30 to 40 mins and finding electronic speed controls that will handle 18 volts and the current is tough, but a perkasa crawling along just does not do it for me !

so good luck and happy building !

K

kecem

Perkasa pictures

Rowland

I have some good Perkasa pictures that i can post.

You can also find alot of pictures and info at:

www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk

I also have the plans. I can post a photocopy to you.

Regards, MMK

C

COOP

Hi

Rowland you could try Anglia models of gorlestone I dont remember the web address but is under ANGLIA MODEL CENTRE as key word.

They produce the PERKASA kit and are a very helpful bunch of guys

Ihope this is of some use to you. COOP

D

dabber

Precedent 1/24 Perkasa

Guys, I would like to build this model, can you advise what comes in the box, as its advertised on ebay at the moment.

Thanks Gary

M

mike collier

hi im building a 37inch perkasa can any tell me what size 1/32nd scale depth charges are thanks .also any one intrested in pekasas about 5 of us sail them sunday mornings at sandwell valley