Queen Boudicca of the Iceni

P

Paul P

Hi all

Did a bit more work on the horse, Colin perhaps you can ask your partner if the neck is better, ive also added some detail to the hair on the fetlocks and hooves

You can also see ive added the yoke blanket with the indents of where the yoke will sit

more to come

Paul

C

CDW

Much better she says ... :smiling3: :smiling3:

Great work as per usual Paul ... I'm still impatiently waiting for the end result though.

Oh and Mississippi can apparently come and live with us :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Paul P

Colin you and me both on the end result, i sometimes get a bit impatient when im doing a lot of sculpting as i want to get onto the painting part :sad:

Mississippi unfortunately belongs to our local farmer who bought it for his daughter, but i think we look after her more than they do

Paul

P

Paul P

Bit more done to the horse, this time the mane and tail.

Im always dissapointed with the manes and tails that come with kits, on the whole they are very static with little or no movement and even though the horses are stationary there would still be movement in them, mississippis tail is never still swatting flies so with that in mind heres the mane from the kit

using my pyrogravure ive added extra length on using bits of spru

and carried this on for the whole length

I also added some bits onto the other side

Then started to add the hair texture

This needs to be done in several sittings

this will need sanding and then finer detail adding later on

Paul

C

CDW

What are you using to rescribe the detail Paul, power tool or heated tool?

Looks good anyway. :smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
My Goodness Paul, speechless at the talent on show. Awesome sculpting mate.

Tony.

P

Paul P

Thanks for the comments guys, Colin i use a pyrogravure, like a fine soldering iron, i made several different points for it ranging in thickness, A useful tool

Paul

P

Paul P

Tony sorry just realised you are just accross the border from me in sunny Darlington

Paul

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Not so sunny at the moment Paul, can I ask, where are you.

Tony.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Brilliant work Paul, exceptional skills. I can't wait to see the finished thing should be really, really impressive (and quite large I think)

Keep up the great work

ATB

Paul

P

Paul P

Tony just in also not so sunny Penrith :smiling3:

Paul cheers mucka, yep it will be quite big, give the wife time to get a shelf ready ;)

Paul

P

Paul P

Ok on with the hairy bits o_O ill leave the mane as it is for now but i may add a bit more to it later, im not sure its messed up enough. so on to the tail, Missys tale never stops so ive given this a lot of movement

just heated it up a bit then bent it round

then added the detail in as per the mane

again still a bit more to do but its getting to where i want it

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Paul. That pyrogravure tool looks like just the thing I need for cleaning up the seams on my soft plastic figures. I've checked it out on the web and apparently it's no longer available. A few sites recommend using a normal soldering iron and grinding the tip to the shape you want. They also mention you need to adjust the temperature and some have made gadgets to do that. As I know even less about electrics than I do about the backside of the moon, can I pick your brains and ask if you can let me know the technical specification of your pyrogravure please?

Gern

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Ah not too far away then, just across the Pennines. Nice to have another Northern boy on here.

And great work on the mane and tail mate.

Tony.

P

Paul P

Dave my pyrogravure is actually a soldering iron, I bought several different heads and shaped them as I wanted, I havnt needed to alter the temp but I have seen irons that have an adjustment on them, they stopped selling the real deal several years ago, something to do with elf and safety and plastic fumes, obviously in our nanny state you have to be told to wear a mask :eek:

Tony yeah not to far away, did you go to the ipms show in Darlington ?

Cheers Polux your comments are much appreciated

Paul

P

Paul P

Hi all

I thought id add a few accoutrements to go on the chariot, so the first thing is a recurve bow, now on the whole the bow was mainly used as a hunting weapon, but as many have been found with chariots at burial sites, and I cant imagine anyone having a weapon like this and not using it in battle ive decided to add one.

I then added a carrier for it

So that's the twanger, ill add a sheaf of arrows later, and ive also made a chucker

Not overly happy with the pointy end so ill make another one later, There will be about 3 spears in a holder on the side of the chariot as well as the bow and some shields

all for now

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Paul. I'll have a look around for a suitable soldering iron.

I take it from all the weaponry that you've decided not to show her on her wedding day!

Gern