hi all

first primer coat to see imperfections

very interesting project !!!!

cheers

M.I.B
DSCF0014.jpg

A

Averof

Fantastic! just astonishing! What a great Idea, and beutifully made model. Keep going, I'm looking forward to seeing it dive.

Again congratulation.

Averof

M

maninblack

dive

hi mate

sorry to disappoint but only surface going next one may be a diver!!

still working on water jet system for propulsion

cheers

mick:thinking:

S

subzero

Hi Mick

Nice, very nice, just watched a clip of UFO on utube, sky 1 takes out a UFO, good clip for details if you need them.

:regards: Sub

M

maninblack

clips

hi sub

got some good pics so ok on that front, are you

working on anything at the moment?:grinball2:

mick

B

Bluewavestudios

Looking very nice now, can't wait to see this one done in her final colours and running

Regards......Mark

S

subzero

\ said:
hi subgot some good pics so ok on that front, are you

working on anything at the moment?:grinball2:

mick
Hi Mick,

Strange you should mention that ..... the answer is yes, should have some decent pics for you to have a squint at shortly

:grinball2::regards: sub.

M

maninblack

latest pic

hi lads

latest pic still waiting on engines/waterjets..

so what is it sub??

DSCF0016.jpg

S

subzero

Hi Mick,

Nothing as exotic of unique as skydiver i am afraid ....just another sub to add to the fleet:grinball2:

A

Averof

Never mind about diving

\ said:
hi matesorry to disappoint but only surface going next one may be a diver!!

still working on water jet system for propulsion

cheers

Never mind, don't care if it doesn't, still is a great model and a graet job!

A. Averof

M

maninblack

help needed please on water jets prob

:smile11:hi lads

fitted my kehrers to the bottom of skydiver, i have 1 BIG problem..

when powered they work fine then 1 stops only 1 the same one

tryed jets before and worked fine...

when running you can see the water but when the 1 which stops the water is frothy, felt underneath when running and sucking fine then nothing even with outlet under water, if you power than stop than power it seems to work fine, please help lads

M.I.B

S

subzero

\ said:
:smile11:hi ladsfitted my kehrers to the bottom of skydiver, i have 1 BIG problem..

when powered they work fine then 1 stops only 1 the same one

tryed jets before and worked fine...

when running you can see the water but when the 1 which stops the water is frothy, felt underneath when running and sucking fine then nothing even with outlet under water, if you power than stop than power it seems to work fine, please help lads

M.I.B
Hi Mick,

When you say stops, do you mean the motor stops running or is it the motor keeps running but it doesn't produce a jet of water ?

If so, its cavitation inside the ventury it can suck air in and it forms a bubble which will not get pushed out as it gets trapped just make it a little bit heavier or lighter at the rear, it should cure it. My Pibber does it when it leaps out of the water but just for a second until it bites then its off again.

The outlets are intended to be 3/4 submerged not fully as this will stop the air comming out

Hope this helps.

Regards Sub.

M

maninblack

jets

\ said:
Hi Mick,When you say stops, do you mean the motor stops running or is it the motor keeps running but it doesn't produce a jet of water ?

If so, its cavitation inside the ventury it can suck air in and it forms a bubble which will not get pushed out as it gets trapped just make it a little bit heavier or lighter at the rear, it should cure it. My Pibber does it when it leaps out of the water but just for a second until it bites then its off again.

The outlets are intended to be 3/4 submerged not fully as this will stop the air comming out

Hope this helps.

Regards Sub.
hi sub

the motor dont stop but i get frothy water in 1 jet and its always the same one..

i have tried holding the back underwater but it still does it...

do kehrers have to have the straightners on????

if so can they go right on the rear of the boat?

or on the impeller

thx mate

mick

S

subzero

Hello Mick,

My waterjets have the straighteners after the impellor behind the end piece if that makes sense, I still feel that you are getting trapped air in the one that "froths up the water " the impeller is cavitating and cannot clear it out .

The next time you try it in water and it froths lift the stern up slightly until the end of the jet is at the waters surface and see it it then clears the air out, you will soon know if it does as it will stop " gurgling " and drown you in a jet of water,, if so you need to make the rear end lighter to allow the jet to clear the trapped air automatically.

A couple of pice of my impellor and straightener , its off a Graupner Jet 2

Hope its of use buddy.

:regards: Sub

View attachment 16441

View attachment 16442

jet drive2.JPG

jet drive 1.JPG

M

maninblack

stator

hi sub

do you no where i cn get a stator for my jet had a slight mishap!!!!!!

kmb is crazy shipping price!!!!

mick

S

subzero

\ said:
hi subdo you no where i cn get a stator for my jet had a slight mishap!!!!!!

kmb is crazy shipping price!!!!

mick
The only thing I could suggest is to measure the thing and see if its the same size as either the Graupner ones or the Robbe ones and see if you can obtain a spare from a model shop who stocks them, try Flying models at Leeds.. they can get just about anything as they deal with both Robbe and Graupner I believe, ( I think the last full jet I bought was about £30 ) other than that its back to KMB.

Is it posible you can make one from Plastic card ??

other than that I cannot offer any further info sorry

Regards Sub.

M

maninblack

stator

hi mate

no probs was thinking of trying to make one ...

supposed to go with a mate on sunday who has a skydiver exactly the same as mine setup, kehrers and NO statorss who says that he,s is fine

once runiing in water

we will see!!!

mick

T

tag

Gonna look so cool on the water really nice build well done :woohoo: