RC Claas Combine havester.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL GUYS now ive finished my TIGER build after a 4 yr build im thinkin what next an i was thinkin of doin another ship but when i was havin a good hard thunk i thought id id do something different an thats build a workin R/C model of a modern combine harvester as on these maienche's there is so much that can be made to work an ive always been instrested in them since i was a kid an i see now a toy company is bringin out a big 1/32 scale model of a claas combine an i would really like to buy the model but as its only now comin out no info on the web yet but here is a pic of it an remember its 1/32 SCALE so quite big if only i can get the info id love to build one an pic below
chrisb
IMG_8333.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Buy a lawn mower like the rest of us!!!!!

Seriously Chris - go for it.
HI Doug we have 2 mowers with petrol engings what are self propeled lol but its gettin the info on the subject matter thats the problem for me as been wanting to build one of these for yrs an yes i hope to
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you want a big build I think you'll be disappointed with a 1/32 combine.
Large? Well for a toy but to convert one to RC, I think a bit on the small side. Making the one shown work...
You can get some big tractors in 1/16 scale you can convert but not a lot of building in those either.
Now a 1/4 or a 1/6 scale tank or armoured car all in metal and full RC... I can see you enjoy building one of those...

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just seen the price! Still think a lawn mower is cheaper!!! :rolling: :smiling5:
HI Doug where did you see this price as i looked online an i dint see anything could you put on a link please
chrisb

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris,
Now that is something different. I will pull up a chair and watch with interest.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Chris all I did was to type 'Claas Trion 720 Kit, UK' into Messrs Google and a load of prices popped up ranging from £130 to £185.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 19.37.49.png

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Large? Well for a toy but to convert one to RC, I think a bit on the small side. Making the one shown work...
You can get some big tractors in 1/16 scale you can convert but not a lot of building in those either.
Now a 1/4 or a 1/6 scale tank or armoured car all in metal and full RC... I can see you enjoy building one of those...
WELL Ian i was just goin to buy it so i can scale it up an get all the angles an such as im thinkin of building one from scratch useing brass an plasticard an with R/C now the servos can be small same with R/X AN BATT but id exsplore an do some reseach before i started building an no not a a/car or tank as ive did the tank already a tiger yrs ago
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris all I did was to type 'Claas Trion 720 Kit, UK' into Messrs Google and a load of prices popped up ranging from £130 to £185.

View attachment 489539
THANKS Doug yes i did that but i was not happy as not much info an they from amazon ernt they as i cant deal with them as they dont accept paypal an not got a credid card
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Now that is something different. I will pull up a chair and watch with interest.
WELL Scottie dont get your hopes up to high as i may not be able to get the info on these combine but yes thats why i wanted to do one as it differnt as all the model shows ive been to ive never seen a R/C one unless someone can tell an show me different ?
cherrs
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
THANKS Doug yes i did that but i was not happy as not much info an they from amazon ernt they as i cant deal with them as they dont accept paypal an not got a credid card
chrisb
Well, looking at my screenshot the first two are eBay and the cheapest. Now EBay do take PayPal. Which is why I don't use eBay as it was through PayPal I was scammed. (They allowed some A-Hole to empty my credit card then said they weren't responsible). Now my credit card company - refunded all my cash that was scammed and indeed it was them who drew my attention to the scam initially!!)
So for me - PayPal - no chance.
Credit Card - yes thank you. At least CC companies honour the financial guidelines!!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well, looking at my screenshot the first two are eBay and the cheapest. Now EBay do take PayPal. Which is why I don't use eBay as it was through PayPal I was scammed. (They allowed some A-Hole to empty my credit card then said they weren't responsible). Now my credit card company - refunded all my cash that was scammed and indeed it was them who drew my attention to the scam initially!!)
So for me - PayPal - no chance.
Credit Card - yes thank you. At least CC companies honour the financial guidelines!!!
WELL Doug im sorry to hear paypal let you get scammed but they treid to scam me the A-H*LES DID but as i dont bank online an have nothing in my paypal account they dint get nothin from me an ive just seen it on ebay for a 160 quid but jen says wait till i go to a big farm show soon an i may see one there in the flesh so i can get a good look at it an maybe cheaper as i love to haggle on a price
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Ian cheers for that utube vid brillaint but im not goin to buy yet as jen said i may see one cheaper at a big farm show we goin to in a couple of wks time
cheers
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ian an all you guys well im opting to build a combine in 1/16 scale as i think i can fit in the motors an micro servos to work things an have now ordered a 1/16 scale brittens tractor with a muck loader on an sound systems an its about the right size i want as 1/6 or 1/4 scale will be to big so when it comes i can strip it down an as jen said i can use the cab off it to fit on the combine if i can build it but i will need a lot more info like what shape the chassis to build it in brass box section an other parts as i can build them from plasti card but this all may work out or it may not we will see but its given me a challenge again
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now that's something I'll enjoy watching.
HI Jim well this is something ive always wanted to build as ive seen small ranssome drums for thresshin corn an the gent made his all work so that it shows its all possible to make an work all i need is the info on a claas or john deere combine as one of the guys said contact claas or a combine maker but my p/c wont send out an email it does not know for surcurity i think so unless they email me then my p/c will send so a catch 22 situtaion really but i'll keep lookin on line or as jen said when she at a car boot sale get a toy model an scale it up an they normaly sell for about 50p so not dear an this is goin to be a fairly long build as i will have to think it all through to how it will all work but at least i have a start on that trackor as its got the wheels i need an the cab an the hyrolics rams an sound system an it was only 15quid so thats made me happy but thats all the challenge to see if i can build one
cheers ATB
Chrisb