Revell 1/12th Shelby GT500 Mustang

First Name
Dave
Would have had this finished earlier but had relatives over to stay for a while. Now that they're gone I managed to get the finishing touches done and get the Shelby on the forum. Be gentle folks this is only my second car (the 1st is my Dodge Charger elsewhere on here ) and my first large scale attempt!

Next on the building board is a Revell 1/24 Shelby 427 Cobra s/c, this looks like a quick build (hopefully)!View attachment 123221

View attachment 123222

View attachment 123223

View attachment 123224

View attachment 123225

View attachment 123226

View attachment 123227

View attachment 123228

View attachment 123229

View attachment 123230

View attachment 123231

View attachment 123232

20151028_155322.jpg

20151028_155528.jpg

20151028_155550.jpg

20151028_155609.jpg

20151028_155624.jpg

20151028_155652.jpg

20151028_155716.jpg

20151028_155801.jpg

20151028_155904.jpg

20151028_160102.jpg

20151028_160153.jpg

20151028_155958.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a cracking Job Dave .......... Superbly done.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
That is a cracking Job Dave .......... Superbly done.
Thank you so very much Peter, much appreciated.

I'm very proud of my efforts, the build went well. My only criticisms with the kit are firstly at this scale they could have had steering so you at least pose the wheels, secondly, the option to have the doors open would have been good, thirdly, the way the bonnet opens is questionable and lastly the fit of the body needs to be more positive at the front end. Apart from that it's a great kit well within the ability of most modellers with a few builds under their belt, patience with careful detail painting pays dividends, it's the painting of this model which takes the most time.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
That is beautiful a real top peice of work i might get one myself

First Name
Dave
\ said:
That is beautiful a real top peice of work i might get one myself
Thank you. Definitely a worthwhile investment, plenty of reference material available (just check you're looking at a 2010 and not any of the other years, that's why you see some of these done with 2011 blue block engines). Body decals can test your patience but with care and some microset and microsol they go on fine. Best advice I can give on this model is to take it slowly and surely, it's not one that enjoys being rushed.

D

dubster72

Now that is superb Dave! A very tidy build & the paintwork is immaculate. I don't build cars (yet!) ,but this is inspirational.

I don't know if it's possible, but could a street scene backdrop be used for some more pics? I doubt anyone would be able to tell that it's not a real Mustang

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Now that is superb Dave! A very tidy build & the paintwork is immaculate. I don't build cars (yet!) ,but this is inspirational.
I don't know if it's possible, but could a street scene backdrop be used for some more pics? I doubt anyone would be able to tell that it's not a real Mustang

Cheers

Patrick
WOW!!!...........I never thought that one of my models would ever receive such high acclaims and definitely one that inspire people to build one............I'm absolutely knocked sideways by the positive feedback so far, a much needed boost to my confidence and makes all the hours spent at the modelling desk more than worthwhile.

Many many many thanks one and all.

(P.S, might get some pics with houses in the background done tomorrow when the rain decides to do one!)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great build there choice of colours good to and beautifully presented. Agree with the background as this would really complement you build. Cheers John

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Love the Mustang and that Dave...is a Mustang to be loved!

Great work :smiling3:

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Great job and really enjoyed following the build truly superb mate, the finish and the detail are all spot on, can't see a thing you could have done better, would be proud to have that displayed on my shelf.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Great build there choice of colours good to and beautifully presented. Agree with the background as this would really complement you build. Cheers John
Cheers John, thanks for the praise. Will re photograph the mussie as soon as this rain bugg..........goes away!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Love the Mustang and that Dave...is a Mustang to be loved!
Great work :smiling3:

Lee :smiling3:
Thanks Lee, I put a lot of effort into getting her looking right, thought maybe I was being over fussy but it seems the attention has paid off!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
cant see any flaws at all, it looks perfect. Great job, look forward to more
Thanks Dougie, I wouldn't go as far to say that it's perfect but it's as close as I can get it at the moment, I would have liked to have put more detail in (wiring and pipework etc) but I haven't got the knowledge, confidence or even the budget to stretch to aftermarket add ons, I really enjoy building OOB and squeezing as much out of the manufacturers approach to the kit as possible, that way onlookers get to see the kit warts and all!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Great job and really enjoyed following the build truly superb mate, the finish and the detail are all spot on, can't see a thing you could have done better, would be proud to have that displayed on my shelf.
Thank you Ken much appreciated, it's great to get admiration from fellow modellers that I too admire.

You just need to get your GT500 done now mate!

L

Laurie

Wow that looks like perfection. Pristine stuff.

Agree on the background. Perhaps on a paving stone in the garden with

the background to the photo outside the depth of field.

Also a photo against something to give an idea of the scale of your model.

For me your published photos are very nicely taken at very nice angles.

But that is the photo side. The model is superb Dave.

Laurie

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Wow that looks like perfection. Pristine stuff.
Agree on the background. Perhaps on a paving stone in the garden with

the background to the photo outside the depth of field.

Also a photo against something to give an idea of the scale of your model.

For me your published photos are very nicely taken at very nice angles.

But that is the photo side. The model is superb Dave.

Laurie
Thank you Laurie for the kind comments, photographic advice taken on board, will post some more pics as and when time and weather allows!

I believe you can't beat the great outdoors for photographing models, natural light adds to the effect.