Revell 1/144 Trinity House 'South Goodwin' Lightship

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great photos again 570, love that chain, where did you get it from please.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the input boys. Glad you like the model thus far. :thumb2:

Sorry Tim, no seascape. Once photographed, the ship will be consigned to the dark depth of my attic.........perhaps one day.

453. Sorry old lad, but I can't remember when or where I bought the stuff. :upside: Probably eBay. I just found it in my bits drawer.

Update....
To cover some blemishes to the ship's boats, I made some oars and glued them in place. Produced from nylon bristles from a yard brush and squished in the vice to make the blades.

P1280811.JPG

I've made some flags too. The 'Red Duster' I already had, but the signal flags I've made from paper and painted with fine tip felt pens. When I was sailing and in order to get my R.T. Licence, I had to know all the flag meanings and what letters of the alphabet each flag represented, so I thought to have me a bit of fun.......

P1280879.JPG

Fixed some more rigging, spreaders and a radio cable. The spreaders are bits of copper wire from a shredded eleci. cable.
P1280880.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Tim, I bet you will never guess which one is correct!

Oop de Maaust Phlaggs

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I think this now past it's 'Sell by' date, so here's the final pictures of the build. I'll do the weathering at a later date.

I've livened up the deck with some ropes. You can never have enough on a vessel.

Also, I've found out the railings should have been white, not black!

P1280886.JPG

P1280890.JPG

P1280889.JPG

P1280888.JPG

Finally, thanks to all who contributed and especially to those who took the time to post information and pictures of Lightships.

All much appreciated.

A Bientot

Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I think this now past it's 'Sell by' date, so here's the final pictures of the build. I'll do the weathering at a later date.

I've livened up the deck with some ropes. You can never have enough on a vessel.

Also, I've found out the railings should have been white, not black!

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216

View attachment 408217

Finally, thanks to all who contributed and especially to those who took the time to post information and pictures of Lightships.

All much appreciated.

A Bientot

Ron
VERY well done 570 looks very realistic an i love those ankor chains an winches really sets the model off a really great build this
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks great to me, and I don’t think good modelling has a sell by date fellah.
YEA VERY TRUE Tim that model can be shown again an i would not get fed up same as all 570 other models they works of art like a lot of other models by the other guys on here thats why this is such a good forerum
chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just another beauty to add to your collection Ron.

Quick question. How do you know where to fix the rigging lines to the deck? There's always pictures in the instructions about the mast end, but I can't remember ever seeing one of t'other ends.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I like it! Came out the Bomb 570. Will there be more pics. of this "Queen 'O the Sea" in the completed "Floaty Things" thread?:thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive comments boys.

Quick question. How do you know where to fix the rigging lines to the deck? There's always pictures in the instructions about the mast end, but I can't remember ever seeing one of t'other ends.

Dave. The rigging plan shows just a rough approx. for the deck positions, so I just guessed them. Probably wrong, but near enough for me. There is no rigging shown on the instructions stretched between the masts either, but there is/was some.

Paul. I'll be getting my own back on my two boys for the 'litter' they always left lying about when they lived here! When I'm gone, they can have the pleasure of disposing of mine.........

Rick. Hopefully, once I get around to weathering it.

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Dave. The rigging plan shows just a rough approx. for the deck positions, so I just guessed them. Probably wrong, but near enough for me. There is no rigging shown on the instructions stretched between the masts either, but there is/was some.

Ron

So just like every other modern ship model I've got then.:confused:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Excellent work Ron.
I know what you suffered with the wonky masts. I had to resort to making new ones befor out of brass tube. Glad they where not tapered ones!
Looking forward to the weathered ship sitting in the water some day.