Revell 1/24 BMW M3 DTM 2012 " Bruno Spengler "

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Chris,
don't let that put you off! - if I have that problem I go on Scalemates, find the same model by a different maker, look at the instructions & crib the detail paint numbers, doesn't have to be the same scale either. Then it's a matter of Equivalent Tables, or more likely have I got anything similar in the paint box! Revell also rebox other makers' kits, so it's a matter of finding the original instructions.............
Dave
Thanks Dave, I'll take your advice and give them a whirl..

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks Dave, I'll take your advice and give them a whirl..
Chris,
be aware Revell kits CAN be very variable! That's where the research kicks in - "new" models dating back to the 70's, and reviews that universally rubbish a model! - A case in point is Revells' 1/32 Tiger Moth - the older version ( 04712 ) is the rebox of the 1978 Matchbox model - the newer version ( 03827 ) is a rebox of the 2020 ICM offering - I haven't made either, but guess which I would go for! Why the older model has a higher serial number is a mystery - but could cause confusion!
Dave

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Just catching up with this Dave I’m all in when it comes to Road Racers. Looks great so far. I need to finish some of my Airfix 1/32 racers maybe your inspiration on this build will bring back the Mojo to finish them.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Seem to have spent a fair amount of time for not a lot!
DSCF3299.JPG
Still some pieces to add to the cockpit & other parts detail painted ready to fit

DSCF3300.JPG
Nice detail - instrument panel & multipurpose steering wheel, not that you'll see anything when the body goes on

Decided to have a bit of relief from the little bits & start putting on the larger decals
DSCF3301.JPG
Only about another 50 to go!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The seemingly never ending decal application continues, but I'm on the last lap & the chequered flag is waiting
DSCF3303.JPG
Some decals I've left off - there are two decals on each brake caliper, too small...................
I've really enjoyed this build, the next pictures will appear in the completed section.
Dave
ps I might not enjoy the next build so much - the Italeri 1/24 Lancia LC2 - it looks a little simplistic, if not crude & the application of the decals looks fraught with problems

First Name
Jean-Marc
Just stumble on this one also .. Neat work so far ..Of course I also will be following this one also .. Keep it up !..

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm enjoying this so much, that I thought I might like the other Revell boxing - The BMW M3 driven by Martin Tomczyk in the 2012 DTM series - this is the same model, but with an overall white finish & different decals.
I didn't think there would be any new models in the UK, thee were a few hits - but all "out of stock". Then the pre-owned retailers - nothing there. I turned to Amazon - no. Ebay not a sausage - I then tried a few Far Eastern shops - nada!
I've finally got the message that this is no longer available! and neither is the Bruno Spengler model.
That's a real pity, it's a fabulous model. It does mean that any that do appear, are going to fetch collectors' prices - I'll still lurk on ebay, I might find another started/no box example!
Dave

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I didn't know BMW had a bank, but I have heard that some people describe BMW drivers as a wunch of bankers. :cool:

Pete