Revell 1/24 Ferrari F 310B 1997 Formula 1

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Next problem will be adding decals to those 'rubber' tyres
I have the same type of revell f1 kit (and it's a ferrari).
I have been having a go at the tyre decals I have tried a few different ways but it looks like they just go on the tyre in the normal way (mine did) I will find out in the morning when they are dry.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I have the same type of revell f1 kit (and it's a ferrari).
I have been having a go at the tyre decals I have tried a few different ways but it looks like they just go on the tyre in the normal way (mine did) I will find out in the morning when they are dry.
One thing I do know, is to put the decals on after fitting the hubs into the tyres! Just slightly distorting a tyre to fit over the hub can cause the decal to crack....................... ( bitter experience with some white wall tyres! )
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Never tried tyre decals (yet). Do they dry with bad silvering? Just wondering because the surface of the rubber is quite rough in relation to a paint finish?

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After a bit of wriggling, top & bottom joined - although, I lost one of the radiators - which I find is almost impossible to spot, without a borescope!
DSCF3267.JPG
I've roughly sanded the tyres, after fitting the painted hubs, a little more needed to remove the joint line & dry fitted to see if they touch the ground ( they do! ). The front & rear wings can be assembled & decalled off the model. There are quite a few decals, so I'll do them in several sittings, largest first, maybe leaving them overnight before going onto the small ones. The front wheel hubs steer, but I'm going to fix them in a straight line - they've fallen off so many times & the track rod has taken a positive dislike to being confined!
Dave

First Name
Jean-Marc
Pretty cool .. just stumble on this post and definitely looking forward to see your next move .. Go,go,gooooo !

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
And so the decals start......................
DSCF3269.JPG
I did a thin coat of gloss varnish on the rims of the tyres last night & added the decals this morning - I used decal solution - to avoid any silvering - looks OK so far. I did the insides of the tyres first, so any process errors won't show too much! - I may give a satin varnish over the tyre walls, haven't decided yet.
The Revell decals are rather thick, and need persuasion with cotton buds & decal solution to sit down, I can see this being a slow process!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
More decals added - Quite happy with the wheel decals, although I don't think that they will resist much handling................
DSCF3275.JPG
The decal on the rear wing is a real pig - the top section folds around onto the underside of the wing. The decal is quite thick, and takes a lot of decal solution to force it to stick to both sides.
Not much more to go, so the next pictures will be in the completed section.
Dave

First Name
Jean-Marc
Neat .. Your getting there !..Keep it up !