Rick's 1-87 Scale ROCO Ju-52m Medical Transport

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks guys....this is one of those projects that is a plan as you go sort of thing. The interior that has now been exposed, needs a little TLC in the derail Dept. I don't have anything remotely resembling the corregated skin, so I'll be winging it with just the stringers and frames and hope for the best. Cheers and thanks for the input.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I got the rest of the floor in ( all that I'm going to do anyway) and all the support bulkheads in place (aft) the forward cabin divider is in place and you can make out where the casualties will be "racked" up on either side. I will not be attempting to build the entire fwd. cabin and such as it will be mostly invisible with the fuselage overhead in place. P1012510.JPGP1012509.JPGP1012512.JPGP1012514.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Acting on Paul's suggestion, I found a couple of different brands of corrugated material. None of which were suitable for my purposes. So I gave up on the idea of running stringers and skin on the interior. There won't be that much visible when this is buttoned up anyway.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee, I just finished scraping off the molded in exhaust system on the #2 engine and will be scratching that as well......stay tuned. ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Lee, I just finished scraping off the molded in exhaust system on the #2 engine and will be scratching that as well......stay tuned. ;)
You bet seated and watching but John has that Crazy look on his face again get the Fire extinguisher ready.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So here's the latest, I have used the removed plug to fabricate the upper cargo door as the back side will be visible from the other side of this bird....the bottom door will be scratched later from strip styrene as it won't be visible from the bottom unless you pick this thing up....going on a base so who cares. finally got the scratched exhaust ring and stacks located and the prop and cowl on Royal PITA.....sorta like holding down an Octopus while administering an Enema!! :tongue-out3: :rolling: P1012517.JPGP1012518.JPGP1012516.JPG