Rick's 1-87 Scale ROCO Ju-52m Medical Transport

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for hanging with me on this guys.........I have thought from the beginning that this would be a test of my abilities, I had no idea that my sanity would come into play......well, the obvious has now been confirmed, I'm crazy about the small details. :tongue-out3: :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
This thang still ain't finished Bro??? Okay, I will say that is some very fine scratchy you are doing here and will bring this to a new level. The exhaust work turned out great too. Keep it coming my friend...

I suppose there's no help for me....I have had this affliction since my early "Teen" years. :face-with-head-bandage: :money-face:
Now honestly Rick, in your early 'Teen' years, there was no such thing as plastic model kits!!!...

Prost
Allen

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent chopping rick , youre kicking it into shape . The exhausts look great , massive improvement on the kit , cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This thang still ain't finished Bro??? Okay, I will say that is some very fine scratchy you are doing here and will bring this to a new level. The exhaust work turned out great too. Keep it coming my friend...

Now honestly Rick, in your early 'Teen' years, there was no such thing as plastic model kits!!!...

Prost
Allen
Who said anything about plastic..... I was talking about adding the small detail rocks to the big rocks to make 'em look better!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking better and better Rick :smiling3:
... There's something about that "corrugated" look that attracts me to these things... pretty bloody pug ugly really... but I love em!! :smiling3:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
... There's something about that "corrugated" look that attracts me to these things... pretty bloody pug ugly really... but I love em!! :smiling3:
Reminds me of a couple of 'friends' who I was attracted to courtesy of beer goggles! (I was young then and easily persuaded .....)
Steve

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yeah Smitty, and the fact that they have 3 engines adds to the weirdness as well! I just wish that I had a better base model to start with though. This thing is really primitive compared to what's available in todays kits.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Oh, I don’t know, if you light them up right they don’t look too bad at all …

ZH-1.16.jpgef999c1f-76c2-453b-b9ce-1e1577a7cc28.jpgJU_in-brand2.jpg

These are all in May 1940, when a rather large number of Ju 52s got shot down or destroyed on the ground in the Netherlands. The one on the beach may well have fallen victim to HNLMS Van Galen, which happened to sail by on the way to help defend Rotterdam when they spotted German planes on the beach. Destroyer vs. grounded planes … no real contest :smiling3:

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick,

Very sorry. Completely missed the start of this! That has turned out beautifully so far. Very well done indeed!!

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Been awhile since my last update.......not much to report. There is so much wrong with this kit I keep going backwards. I found great big lips on all three engine cowls and got those filled and sanded, along with all the joints on the #2 engine exhaust. Finished the upper cargo door and test fitted. lower door still needs installed before exterior paint, shot the white interior and painted up the stretches and stacked them to check fit for final install.P1012523.JPGP1012522.JPGP1012521.JPG