Rick's 1-87 Scale Trident Jagdpanther Conversion

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Since I already have a Late version of this model built up, I thought I would try my hand at converting a late version Jagdpanther into an earlier version, but not the earliest. My ref for this build is Spielberger's Heavy Jagdpanzer.....it's a collaboration with Hilary Doyle and Thomas Jentz, so it should be fairly accurate as to who, what, when and where. My main reason for doing this is due to the fact that in this scale there is nothing readily available kitwise so I am left to my own devices and will proceed as if I know what I'm doing! ;) Below is the the contents of the box disassembled and ready for the first step.P1012810.JPG

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Can't beat a Jagdpanzer, whatever the scale :thumb2:,
I'll tag along Rick :hugging-face:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Guys, First I had to find a suitable "donor" for the most obvious part of this operation. It's a junk model of a Panther D I got with a bunch of other stuff some years back. I stripped the paint off and it's now ready for surgery.P1012811.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick!!

I'm claiming the credit for you starting this build!!

I have finally made some progress on mine!! Pics to follow shortly!!

ATB

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Fat Chance Andy! I thought you gave up, so someone's got to carry the "torch" ;) Anyhow, looking forward to seeing your progress.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I shall grab a seat within sight of the beast .
Tea please Rick and several of your "own brand Hobnobs " please .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome JR, plenty of goodies.....help yerself ;)

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul, I did the same thing awhile back to a Panther G that I converted to early configuration. I have to have a junker or be able to repurpose the remains or it's not economical to do.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jakko at this scale the "fit" of any component is critical....even glue joints can look like the Grand Canyon if you're not careful. ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Next up was the one piece barrel....a stand out feature on most early models although, there was comingling of stocks, as two piece barrels can be seen on both early and late configured vehicles. The next challenge will be to reconfigure the cast housing around the gun shield to the non bolted style.P1012816.JPGP1012817.JPG