Scania T620 conversion Italeri/KFS 1/24 Peters Truck GB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Here are the pictures of the (almost) completed build. I cant find the decals so will add them if or when I find them...
The Italeri kit was pretty good. and built well. The conversion set from Kit form Services was very well cast, I found one tiny bubble and they had filled that! My only gripe? the wheels. They where just a tiny bit small for the tyres they are made to fit and without glue, the tyres just kept popping off or into the rim...
Also the the rear "hubs" the half-shaft houses are not drilled. A better solution might have been to have them drilled, make them a mm short and provide the cover as a separate part... In all the fit was good. If or when I do another I will have a better idea as to how to get the fit 100% I am sure that the small issues I had are down to the ladder frame on the kit.
The paint is as mentioned Tamiya. Transparent red over Metallic bronze. Made a nice candy apple red!
'Nuff waffle. Here's the interesting bit:
20231112_150721.jpg20231112_150743.jpg20231112_150804.jpg20231112_150820.jpg20231112_150832.jpg20231112_150902.jpg

The Build thread can be found here, if you missed it:

Thanks for the looks, likes, comments and kindness.
Cheers!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Lovely job.

That conversion has integrated really well and the colour is brilliant!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks chaps. It does look rather nice. If I may say so myself.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Not much I can add to what the guys have already said, Boss. She turned out beautifully and that paint job is one-of-a-kind!!! You should be really pleased with color Ian. Did you you get a chance to throw it on the scales yet?

In the pictures above, there appears to be a piece of cardboard or tape that is in the last frame section, behind the 5th wheel. It's black and has tan corners on it. Is it part of the kit or masking???...Just wondering...

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thank you chaps, I'm pleased that you like it.

In the pictures above, there appears to be a piece of cardboard or tape that is in the last frame section, behind the 5th wheel. It's black and has tan corners on it. Is it part of the kit or masking???...Just wondering
It is, if I am looking the right place, just the sheen on the satin black the rear of the ladder frame has a concave center, ithink what you are seeing is the corner where flat joins curve.
I'll try get a picture of it tomorrow.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks for the pic and clearing that up Ian. Weird how the other photos show it differently. 514 grams isn't really too much. I thought it would have weighed more that that. About a kilo or so...
I guess it's back to the spaghetti western now...Or???...

Prost
Allen