Jim
Great work Paul, as always!

OIP.uP9xiegJcgtLNzWtL_jT6wHaHa
.......Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have used 3 figures from the Gecko set of early British tank crew. I did look at the 17/25pdr crew set but wanted to show them at rest not on a fire mission. The moulds are not that clever but the faces aren't to bad. I did undercut the details to make them sharper i.e. epaulettes and the shorts were hollowed out.

Please bear in mind these should be viewed from 2m while squinting and standing on one leg pointing north.

DSCF3868.JPG

DSCF3869.JPG

The third figure is on the vehicle.

Next took some haversacks from the spares bin and added some foil straps and etch buckles, I will need to revisit one as the buckle is well out of place. The other had the moulded flap removed and a roll added and over the top a lead foil replacement.

And finally for the day a large tarp to hang on the side. Made from a dried out lens wipe soaked in watered PVA with rope and foil straps.

DSCF3870.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Paul, what can I really say??? I tried your method of viewing and I only wobbled about for a while. I went back to see what I was doing wrong and found out you meant one leg and not the middle leg. At least it was pointing north...Seriously though, the figs look great at any distance and you've done a super job on them Bro!!! Quit being so hard on yourself...Bring it all home now, my friend.......

Prost
Allen

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi de hi Paul.
Think you underestimate your figure dabbling.They look darn good to me mate.
Carry on Carruthers.
Rich

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Figures look fine even standing on two legs. Love what you've done with the haversacks and the roll. Attention to the little details are very worthwhile.