Scotties 25pdr.SP Bishop.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andy, no they are single link but look ok.

HI Scottie

Thought so. At least you won't have to assemble them from four pieces per link, like some!

At the risk of teaching you of all people to suck the proverbial egg, this is my experience of Bronco tracks.....

Last edited:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Paul.
I believe the only kit for the Deacon is an Accurate armour resin one mate.Would be nice in plastic.
Richard

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Interior would be white as you wrote, Also engine bay. Engine and transmission possibly light to medium grey. Rads black. Easier to google Valentine tank and get results. 99% the same tank.
Silver interior was very early in the was and was often over painted by the crews as it rubbed off on any thing that touched it! Not very practical.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Interior would be white as you wrote, Also engine bay. Engine and transmission possibly light to medium grey. Rads black. Easier to google Valentine tank and get results. 99% the same tank.
Silver interior was very early in the was and was often over painted by the crews as it rubbed off on any thing that touched it! Not very practical.
Cheers Ian, it's along the lines I was thinking.
Weren't they the ones that the crews called 'Ugly Vicars' - or similar?
Steve
Knowing the Army quite possibly.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
IIRC, there was an order that required painting the interiors white, specifically using non-lead paint, around the same time manufacturers were ordered to do the same on the production line. Yet oddly, after the war, British tanks got that silver interior again, that still rubbed off on the crew.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
IIRC, there was an order that required painting the interiors white, specifically using non-lead paint, around the same time manufacturers were ordered to do the same on the production line. Yet oddly, after the war, British tanks got that silver interior again, that still rubbed off on the crew.
I’ve used that silver (soft aluminium) paint. We used to regularly repaint the handrails and kick plates in our production hall with it in the mid eighties. Vile stuff. As you say, it rubbed off on everything. I think ours was war surplus stock. It came in gallon cans, not five litre. The aluminium had set solid and literally had to be chiselled off the bottom with a screwdriver before it could be mixed….took ages. In addition, it was like painting with water. It ran literally everywhere! Repainting the hand rails used to invariably mean repainting the floors and walls as well. Still, kept us in overtime, right up until some clever person discovered hammerite…..

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
And the silver paint still rubs off today. I used to wear black coveralls and looked a right mess when you came up from doing repairs inside.
I'm joining this distinguished audience.
You are more than welcome, good to see you.
...... not totally distinguished Andy....
...... I'm one of em ! ;)
We all make allowances for you mate ;)
I’ve used that silver (soft aluminium) paint. We used to regularly repaint the handrails and kick plates in our production hall with it in the mid eighties. Vile stuff. As you say, it rubbed off on everything. I think ours was war surplus stock. It came in gallon cans, not five litre. The aluminium had set solid and literally had to be chiselled off the bottom with a screwdriver before it could be mixed….took ages. In addition, it was like painting with water. It ran literally everywhere! Repainting the hand rails used to invariably mean repainting the floors and walls as well. Still, kept us in overtime, right up until some clever person discovered hammerite…..
Tim, see my reply to Jakko, I don't know what it is about the paint but it never seems to dry and get a hard surface.
What with a Priest and now a Bishop, beginning to think I am on the wrong forum, but will pull up a chair and get the tea made.
Michael, good to see you kettles just boiled.
And I’ll pull up a ‘pew’ too!!!
(SWIDT)? :smiling3:
Doug, welcome mate but SWIDT ? is a new one on me

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
And the silver paint still rubs off today. I used to wear black coveralls and looked a right mess when you came up from doing repairs inside.
I’ve seen photos of the insides of Dutch Centurions repainted (poorly :smiling3: ) in the same light green as M113s and YPRs, probably to get over that problem.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The inside is built OOB nothing can be seen so I didn't add anything. It has just been given a pre shade and a coat of Tamyia white. then a wash to pick out the details. I still have the radiators to add. I will decide later if I will have the engine decks open or not but I suspect not.

DSCF3785.JPG

DSCF3786.JPG

DSCF3787.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
So you're off and running again Bro!!! Interesting subject and a Bronco kit to boot. I only wonder what kind of magic you will be working on this KV-II Bishop buggy. You seem to be off to a good start Paul!!! I'll fly over your build in my Halberstadt as it only flies @ 102mph, top speed. I think I won't miss much!!!.....

Prost
Allen