Scotties 25pdr.SP Bishop.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul I know this is going to be another fun build for you and I am positive it will have the usual high level of detail and scratchery

I’m already looking forward to the next update

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul, I seem to be late to this and your on page 3 already .
I'll sit with Wibble , he probably remembers these as a boy !
Nice looking start , detail as usual .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice start Paul.Waiting with anticipation.
Richard
Cheers Richard hope your not disappointed.
So you're off and running again Bro!!! Interesting subject and a Bronco kit to boot. I only wonder what kind of magic you will be working on this KV-II Bishop buggy. You seem to be off to a good start Paul!!! I'll fly over your build in my Halberstadt as it only flies @ 102mph, top speed. I think I won't miss much!!!.....

Prost
Allen
Yes mate another one on the go. Not sure about magic but will hopefully turn out something half decent.
Looks a great start Scottie.
Cheers Jim.
Paul I know this is going to be another fun build for you and I am positive it will have the usual high level of detail and scratchery

I’m already looking forward to the next update
Cheers Joe stay tuned.
Paul, I seem to be late to this and your on page 3 already .
I'll sit with Wibble , he probably remembers these as a boy !
Nice looking start , detail as usual .
Cheers John no worries good to have you looking in.
Coming along very nicely, why not just have one engine hatch open a little to tease us...
Mike
The tea was cold....
Mike, that is an idea will try and find a suitable figure with his head in there tinkering. I will make a fresh pot.
It's definately an odd looking beast, I'm in Paul.
Graeme, it was a half arsed attempt at best when you look at what the Germans were producing in the way of fire support. good to have you along

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a lot done, suspension units have been fitted as have the radiators. The location parts for the radiators was not good. So I made them out of copper wire and punched discs. They still need painting.

DSCF3789.JPG

DSCF3790.JPG

I will offer up the hull top and see what can be seen of the interior and may add the internal bolt heads for the suspension units.

The mud guards have been thinned down to a more realistic thickness. before on the right and after on the left.

DSCF3788.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent progress.....I have the same problem with the mud guards in 1-87 scale, they look a foot thick sometimes! :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent progress.....I have the same problem with the mud guards in 1-87 scale, they look a foot thick sometimes! :thumb2:
It's one of those simple things that can be done that makes a big difference to the finished look.
Mud guards are one of the few parts that look better in PE.
Pete
Very true. I might even have a go at making some as I don't have any PE for this apart from a few items that were included in the kit

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fine work. Thinning down mudguards and such is worth doing - even if just the edges are done. Makes me think of Simon T who was a great advocate for thinning to scale thickness.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Jim, just one of many of the "Great One's" idiosyncrasies....taught me a lot.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I keep wondering what that slide is for …

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Always worries me thinning like that Paul .
I can see Pewter making an appearance !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Haven't heard "Pewter" used in conversation here in a long time.......I seem to recall someone owning a pewter mine and exacting royalties from those that used said product! ;) ;) :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Haven't heard "Pewter" used in conversation here in a long time.......I seem to recall someone owning a pewter mine and exacting royalties from those that used said product! ;) ;) :thumb2:
When Pewter is mentioned I always think of our late friend Mr T .
He introduced me to it , lovely stuff Rick .
It was Pete Low who had the mine.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Scottie I’m in it’s so crowded I’ll be the Hall Monitor Rick and John can tap Morris Code on the wall for updates.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fine work. Thinning down mudguards and such is worth doing - even if just the edges are done. Makes me think of Simon T who was a great advocate for thinning to scale thickness.
Jim,
Simon was a great influence on me and made me strive to be a better modeler.
Jim, just one of many of the "Great One's" idiosyncrasies....taught me a lot.
Rick, I agree 100%.
I keep wondering what that slide is for …
Not really sure there is ammo storage underneath so it could have been to slide the shells up or down when replenning.
Some sort of launch platform ;)
Excuse us Paul .
It may have been used in conjunction with the optional bouncy castle.
Always worries me thinning like that Paul .
I can see Pewter making an appearance !
John,
The thinning process is quite straight forward. and you don't need to do the whole surface just feather the edge by scraping with a sharp blade. I tend to do it on most wheel arches, gun shields etc if I haven't got etch or made them myself.
Rick,
I tend to use it quite a bit in fact I need to order some more. Not sure who it was that was getting the royalties apart from Mr T.
When Pewter is mentioned I always think of our late friend Mr T .
He introduced me to it , lovely stuff Rick .
It was Pete Low who had the mine.
John, I must have missed that in another conversation about Pete and his mine.
It won’t be now I’m here. Lol.
Lee, welcome aboard mate, don't worry it's the normal reprobates who are normally here.
Scottie I’m in it’s so crowded I’ll be the Hall Monitor Rick and John can tap Morris Code on the wall for updates.
No worries I will make sure you get tea's and coffee.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not pewter but brass. The front mud guards were replace with brass sheet from the spares drawer. They were cut, folded and soldered. I had to make them because I have no idea what I have done with the kits offerings. Once fabricated bolt detail was added from punched pewter. Bolt heads were punched from evergreen and added to the glacis plate. The moulded horn bracket was removed and a brass one fabricated. Also copper wire was added to the sidelights not seen in the picture.
DSCF3791.JPG

DSCF3792.JPG

The moulded head light cables have been removed ready for copper/ lead wire replacements.

Next a bit of the kit bling fitted.

DSCF3793.JPG

cheers
Scottie