Scotties 25pdr.SP Bishop.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This kit is well detailed, but the instructions are woeful and given little or no location points it is very hard to work out where parts are suppose to go. This became very apparent when working on the cradle of the gun. The instructions get you to build small sub assemblies prior to adding to the next stage of build. This is where the problem lies, you cant glue the pieces together as there is no locations and they have to be in the right place to join a stage later on. So for anyone building this at a later date think about the order in which you build. Having said that when you have worked it all out it is nicely detailed.

DSCF3820.JPG

I replaced the hand wheel shafts with 0.5mm wire as again they were pretty bad.

The barrel, buffer cylinders and recuperators have been assembled. The kit gives you two choices.

DSCF3816.JPG

The other side of the cradle with added detail.

DSCF3817.JPG

Finally the kit included an oil can with some etch to go with it. You have to create your own spout. The detail was not good and I didn't like the etch. So I decided to make my own. oil can made from styrene, handle and spout from copper wire. Tray made from an off cut of brass sheet. And the securing strap from lead foil and an etch buckle.

DSCF3822.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
So I decided to make my own. Oil can made from styrene, handle and spout from copper wire. Tray made from an off cut of brass sheet. And the securing strap from lead foil and an etch buckle.
..... and a mighty fine job you've made of it too!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’d say it’s the kind of thing that you don’t enjoy making when you have to, but which is a lot of fun when it’s your own idea.

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I didn’t mean your idea of what the can should look like, but your idea to build and detail it like this :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Work has started on the gun area. Most of the kit stuff was ok but did a few tweaks here and there.

First the gun and it's cradle.

DSCF3823.JPG

DSCF3824.JPG

Next the front wall.

I added the viewing port cover, rails and a handle. On the other side the pouch had limited detail so added some from pewter and wire.

DSCF3825.JPG

I still need to remove the injector marks.

Next the L/H wall

Again most parts are OOB with a few tweaks. I still need to add the cable to the interior light and replace the strap on the signal gun holster.

DSCF3827.JPG

The ammunition will be added after painting.

Finally the lower part of the fighting compartment. The kit box was used but textured and the blocks replaced on the top and sides with thick cotton used for the carry handles and a set of PE straps from the spares box.

DSCF3826.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
As usual Paul, all the extra detail takes it to another level.
All this talk of food is making me hungry......