Scotties 25pdr.SP Bishop.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Personally I think I have over done it with the weathering and it is now to dark in there but we live and learn.
Good evening Mr. Scott,

I tend to disagree with the above statement you have made concerning darkness...If you were building an Aston Martin hardtop, then yes, it's too dark......But, you are building an armored fighting vehicle, used in combat, with a 25 pdr gun in a closed area. I think each shot would deposit residue in the turret, so therefore, you are 100% correct with the weathering inside Buddy.........

All the little extras you add, the scratchy and the etch work just make it even better!!! keep it coming at us Paul...

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I agree with Allen, it may look a bit dark but it would probably be fairly dark in there in the real world too — plus, you can argue it replicates the effect you’d have in the real world if you were out in the bright desert and looked inside a vehicle like this :smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks fine to me. Love all the details which raise this to another level.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I join the "no overdoing" group, Paul.
After a day shooting a 25 pdr. (and the daily allowance of grenades was, usually, rather high) the interior would have been absolutely filthy. Moreover, I think that the crew, while in the combat zone, did just the daily maintenance and cleaning needed, and prescribed, to keep the gun and vehicle functioning, unless their battery sergeant major (or whatever name he has in the RA) was a martinet. ;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good evening Mr. Scott,

I tend to disagree with the above statement you have made concerning darkness...If you were building an Aston Martin hardtop, then yes, it's too dark......But, you are building an armored fighting vehicle, used in combat, with a 25 pdr gun in a closed area. I think each shot would deposit residue in the turret, so therefore, you are 100% correct with the weathering inside Buddy.........

All the little extras you add, the scratchy and the etch work just make it even better!!! keep it coming at us Paul...

Prost
Allen
Allen, thanks for the feedback matey. I guess it would be, especially with a white interior. As to the amount of residue, given the large doors to the rear there should be good ventilation?

I agree with Allen, it may look a bit dark but it would probably be fairly dark in there in the real world too — plus, you can argue it replicates the effect you’d have in the real world if you were out in the bright desert and looked inside a vehicle like this :smiling3:
Cheers Jakko, I guess your right

Looks fine to me. Love all the details which raise this to another level.
Jim, thanks mate, I do like to add some personal effects if I can.

No overdoing it there @scottie3158. Looks absolutely stunning to me!
Thank you Jack, appreciate it.

I join the "no overdoing" group, Paul.
After a day shooting a 25 pdr. (and the daily allowance of grenades was, usually, rather high) the interior would have been absolutely filthy. Moreover, I think that the crew, while in the combat zone, did just the daily maintenance and cleaning needed, and prescribed, to keep the gun and vehicle functioning, unless their battery sergeant major (or whatever name he has in the RA) was a martinet. ;)
Andrea, you could be right there was no such things as fume extractors in those days plus the fact the 25pdr. was designed as wheeled artillery and not used inside a confined space.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The casement is just dry fitted at the moment. The preshade has been done. There are still some details to be added these will be done when it is glued together. The back has a piece of plastic fitted to mask of the crew compartment.

DSCF3841.JPG

DSCF3842.JPG

I removed the moulded locking mechanism on the rear door and replaced it with copper wire and a copper handle with brass fixtures. I meant to take a pic before I painted it. For those with more knowledge than me am I to presume that the large raised areas on the doors are padded areas?

DSCF3843.JPG

Finally the flimsy rack was scratched. The flimsy's themselves are from the Bronco accessories. The rack and straps are plastic sheet and pewter foil. Again sorry should have taken a pic first.

DSCF3844.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice!!! just caught up on this and the progress is the bomb, love all the little extras Scottie! :thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The usual superb work :smiling3: I suspect the thick parts of the doors are padding, yes — the frame around it kind of points that way. This photo seems to confirm that:

IWM-E-17435-Bishop-SP-gun-19420925.jpg

Source

Backrests for the seats the two men are in, is my guess,

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great stuff Scottie. We expect no less from you now.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice!!! just caught up on this and the progress is the bomb, love all the little extras Scottie! :thumb2:
cheers Rick.
The usual superb work :smiling3: I suspect the thick parts of the doors are padding, yes — the frame around it kind of points that way. This photo seems to confirm that:

IWM-E-17435-Bishop-SP-gun-19420925.jpg

Source

Backrests for the seats the two men are in, is my guess,
I think your right makes sense and confirms my suspicions.
Great stuff Scottie. We expect no less from you now.
Cheers Jim, No pressure then lol.
Jakko's picture also shows the cork padding onside the roof.
Pete
Cheers Pete

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The casement is now fixed as are the wheels. It has all received a coat of Tamyia XF59 desert yellow. the wheels and suspension have received a pin wash but still some more to do. I want to get the lower hull done first so I can get the tracks sorted and the side skirts fitted prior to working on the hull proper.

DSCF3845.JPG

DSCF3846.JPG

I have also purchased this set of figures from Gecko. They are not the best in the world but at least the guy with the binoculars is a good fit to be looking over the roof. They will need some work but hopefully they will look ok. I will be using the 3 on the left.

DSCF3847.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That's really looking nice Paul!!! Shading came out well as did the overall paint job and wash. Why aren't you happy with the figs, Bro??? Or is it just the poses they're molded in...Bring on the tracks!!!...

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dude, thanks mate. No the poses are good just the detail is not good but with a bit of scribing and hollowing out shorts etc they should be ok or good enough for my figure painting skills.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The colour varied during the war, AFAIK. I know some in a museum nearby that are OD, for example.