Scotties Crossing to no where.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Signal looks great Scottie. A very complex item that does a very simple job! It looks almost early Victorian, nothing like contemporary British practice.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Base looks very nice - well thought out. Signal looks really good but I can imagine making it was a nightmare.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My thoughts precisely! :tears-of-joy:
Neil, Trust me you can't see it up close.
Signal looks great Scottie. A very complex item that does a very simple job! It looks almost early Victorian, nothing like contemporary British practice.
Tim, Your right it is a right mix of levers, rods and counter weights.
Hi Scottie
Base looks very nice - well thought out. Signal looks really good but I can imagine making it was a nightmare.
Jim
Jim, I think I can safely say that is one of the most difficult things I have ever put together, but it does build into a nice kit.
That's coming along great Paul.
Thanks Andy.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
To say you think it's a mess, it looks really good to me Paul.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Scottie

Very nicely done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks fantastic Scottie. Always love your gardening on these. The whole scene really gels to my eye....
As you’ve asked though, two minor observations I would make are as follows. The rail side should be more of a rusty colour, and if the track has been used recently the top should be polished. If it’s recently out of use during the hostilities the top would be fresh rust coloured. It would only be dark brown if it had been out of use for years.
Secondly, it’s obviously a warm dusty day, so the half track front wheels should have dust in the treads, but not on the surface...
Really very minor points that only a pedant like me would notice ;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks fantastic Scottie. Always love your gardening on these. The whole scene really gels to my eye....
As you’ve asked though, two minor observations I would make are as follows. The rail side should be more of a rusty colour, and if the track has been used recently the top should be polished. If it’s recently out of use during the hostilities the top would be fresh rust coloured. It would only be dark brown if it had been out of use for years.
Secondly, it’s obviously a warm dusty day, so the half track front wheels should have dust in the treads, but not on the surface...
Really very minor points that only a pedant like me would notice ;)
Thanks Tim, the top of the tracks are polished but don't show in the picture. Your point about the track sides and the wheels are well received I will have a look at them tomorrow. Really appreciate the feed back.

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That is looking really nice. The 'gardening' is particularly well done.
Jim

First Name
Andy
Man that looks brilliant, although being in the middle of a crossing with the bonnet open looks a bit dangerous. ;)

Andy.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Will agree w/Tim & add, the road doesn't show much use either. Small things on a beauty of a vignette. PaulE