scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
I'm liking what I see - a lot.
Jim
Thanks Jim happy you like it.
You were right about the earlier photo as it was hard to tell, but that's looking great Paul!
Thanks Andy if your happy with the paint that's good enough for me.
Looks really good Scottie :thumb2:
Steven
Steven, thanks a lot mate.
well done Scottie... the color are very balanced and dark i really like it.... looks exactly how they came out of factory... looking forward weathering..LOVE IT
Thanks Greg for the positive comments.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Today I have added the stowage, including a PVA tarp on the back of the front fender. The underside has had some pigments added. I didn't wanted to make it to dirty just an accumulation of old dirt.

Now to create a simple base.

A few pics Hope you like it please critical and let me know what I have missed or could improve. It is your fine comments that help me to improve.

DSCF2173.JPG

DSCF2174.JPG

DSCF2175.JPG

DSCF2176.JPG

DSCF2177.JPG

DSCF2178.JPG

DSCF2179.JPG

DSCF2180.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Beautifully done Paul. It's us that's learning from you. Was there any adverse reaction to the pigment fixer/thinners on the pva tarp??

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautifully done Paul. It's us that's learning from you. Was there any adverse reaction to the pigment fixer/thinners on the pva tarp??
Steve thanks mate. I tried the tarp with various acrylic varnishes and no concerns. CA does melt it so I applied it to the kit then placed the tarp in place and again it was ok. I haven't tried fixer or thinners but I have some left over so will experiment.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just spent some time being mesmerised by the detail Paul, that worn part on the MG handle is so realistic. Another great build well under way.
Can't comment on weld seams other than I attempt to rough then up with the knife blade ! Have seen some after market ones in resin that I could stick to my self quite easily:smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just spent some time being mesmerised by the detail Paul, that worn part on the MG handle is so realistic. Another great build well under way.
Can't comment on weld seams other than I attempt to rough then up with the knife blade ! Have seen some after market ones in resin that I could stick to my self quite easily:smiling3:

Thanks John I was looking at some after market ones as well. Glad you like the build.

D

Deleted member 7237

Well what can one say not bad, good, brilliant, excellent,
I think you showed potential in this hobby I'll keep it up if I was you .
Very well done indeed my friend.
Pete :thumb2: .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well what can one say not bad, good, brilliant, excellent,
I think you showed potential in this hobby I'll keep it up if I was you .
Very well done indeed my friend.
Pete :thumb2: .
Pete, thanks very much mate. I think I might keep at it lol.
Lovely work Scottie.
Thanks Peter appreciate it.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks like you have all the bases covered Scottie.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Steve thanks mate. I tried the tarp with various acrylic varnishes and no concerns. CA does melt it so I applied it to the kit then placed the tarp in place and again it was ok.
I’m fairly confident you could fix it in place with PVA glue …

D

Deleted member 7181

That looks amazing Paul!

So many little details dotted all around add up to a fantastic whole.

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
Beautiful work Scottie- nice understated weathering job too. Only thing I’d look at is the barrel on the Bren, is it slightly bent, or just the photos making it look so?

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Very nice Scottie

Should there have been a mirror on the right stalk or is it intentionally left off?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie, alway nice to see you improve at every new kit. :thumb2: Already passed the very good mark some kits back and you're still adding in the surprises. Your weathering restraint is just on the dot. Only critic is the same as the two gentlemen have mentioned above. Now I'd like to see how you merry the Humber to the dio base seeing how crisp it looks.

Cheers,
Richard