Scotties Humber Mk1

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
The build now is basically done. The wing mirrors have been fitted. I have repositioned the bar on the left hand hull as I had it up against the front wheel arch. The wheels are just blue tacked on for the moment. The Bren gun has been assembled not much done to it apart from the muzzle has been drilled out and the solid foresight block has been removed and a new one added from scrap PE sprue. This will be painted and detailed separately. Before it gets painted I will sort out stowage.
View attachment 372261
View attachment 372262

cheers
Scottie
Scottie,
That's the gogs noodles, cracking build and extras, well done.
Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have made a start on the stowage. I have added a large metal box not sure what it was originally use was. next some rolls and tarps made from duro. A cam net has also been added. I have thrown some ropes over and taped them down to the matt to impart the creases. This will now dry for a while before the work continues.
DSCF2152.JPG

DSCF2149.JPG

DSCF2148.JPG
cheers
Scottie

D

Deleted member 7181

Lovely work as always Paul. I like that idea of pre-tying them down.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just caught this up and it is a lovely piece of work Scottie. PCO, as I am now hooked and will follow along with the rest of this crowd.
Rick H.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice work on the stowage Scottie, looks interesting :thumb2:
Steven

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Love the stowage and the process of it Scottie.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Stowage looks good. Using cling film to get the stowage to 'sit' on the vehicle is a good idea.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just caught this up and it is a lovely piece of work Scottie. PCO, as I am now hooked and will follow along with the rest of this crowd.
Rick H.
Hi Rick, welcome aboard hope it wont be to boring. What is PCO?
Nice work on the stowage Scottie, looks interesting :thumb2:
Steven
Steven, Thanks mate early days yet.
Love the stowage and the process of it Scottie.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard.
Hi Scottie
Stowage looks good. Using cling film to get the stowage to 'sit' on the vehicle is a good idea.
Jim
It's a good idea to use the cling film, it allows you to form the stowage around the details but stops the moulding sticking to the plastic and allows easy removal for painting. The other place i use cling film is when forming tracks in ground work when the groundwork is nearly dry i lay on cling film before pressing the wheel/track in.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Time to get the hissy stick out. First of all a pre shade of flat black I wish I could get it as neat as some of the wingy modellers. When this was dry it received a coat of Armour green. The panels were then lightened with the armour green lightened with a drop of light flesh. Further work will be done when this has dried thoroughly.

DSCF2153.JPG

DSCF2155.JPG

DSCF2156.JPG

as always thanks for looking.
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
The other place I use cling film is when forming tracks in ground work when the groundwork is nearly dry I lay on cling film before pressing the wheel/track in.
Good idea :thumb2:
Nice paint job. Very stark preshade contrast in the first photo but nice and subtle later - good airbrush control :tongue-out3:
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Scottie

Looking very good indeed!

ATB

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
D

Deleted member 7181

Looks great Paul.

I "liked" this earlier but wanted to get home and have a proper look at the pictures. Nice subtle variations in tone.