Scotties Krupp Protze Kfz 69

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
After the D7 I decided to take on something a little simpler. So I made a start on Tamyia's offering of the 1ton Krupp protze with the 37mm PAK. In the box are 4 dark grey Sprues that are typical of Tamyia casting. Also in the box is a sprue for four figures plus a green sprue with the personal equipment, 1 sprue with poly caps, 1 clear windscreen and a length of wire. The kit gives you decals for a choice of three vehicles. To go with the kit I ordered the Eduard etch set.

DSCF3475.JPG

I have made a start on the kit which typically for Tamyia goes together very easily but is a little light on detail. Firstly the cab mostly using the PE but also added what from the picture looks like a steering position indicator on the steering column.

DSCF3477.JPG

next the back wall of the cab, the plastic grab rail was replaced with copper wire and the shovel was also replaced.

DSCF3478.JPG

Next I have made a start on the rear superstructure tread plates were added and holes filled ready for detailing later. I was going to replace the oil can with one from the Miniart set but it is nearly twice the size, so I decided to add some detail to the kit offering with some scratch and PE.

DSCF3482.JPG

DSCF3480.JPG

the kit un ditching planks were replaced with this.

DSCF3476.JPG

Hope you can follow along and keep me on the straight and narrow.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Seat front centre for this one my friend. Off to a great start. Luvin your work
Thanks Steve, good to see you hope I won't bore you to much.
Front row next to Steve please.
A great choice. Already your skills have made a huge difference to the level of detail.
Jim
Cheers Jim glad your here to keep an eye on me.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Scottie and some great PE work already! Can only imagine what it will look like once finished.

ATB.

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I'm holding a spot for JR and another for Mr. Drennen (Lee) should they decide to show up......if not I'll stretch out and enjoy the build. :thumb2: Bring it on Mr. Scottie!!
Rick I’m here, I’m here! Thanks for the spot. I was fighting my way through the crowd. Scottie already amazing work. I think you will keep us on OUR toe’s.