Scotties Krupp Protze Kfz 69

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
..... 'ang on a mo !!
.... I thought you were doing a Krupp Protze Scottie?!!...
It can't be, because it looks SO different from the one I did ?!!....
...OH,I see.... ;) !!! .......
Has he displeased you Andy ? Shall I fire up the turntable and get the headphones and restraints ?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent "Scratchduggery" there Mr. Scottie! Gonna be the Bomb for sure. :thumb2:

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your usual excellent scratchery, I see. Keep it coming please.
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Scottie. Much improved details.
Jim, thanks to be fair it's not difficult to improve on the detail as the kit is showing its age and is very simplified.
Some nice improvements happening :thumb2:
Mark, thank you as I said to Jim its fairly easy to improve an old kit.
That is sharp Scottie, really sharp.
Cheers Tim.
Bling bling :smiling:
Mick, sounds like an old phone. :smiling:
Cheers Rob.
Very nice Paul. Love how these old kits can be brought right up to date with some quality extras and some creative scratch work. Top notch building work:thumb2:
Los, I agree mate, I would rather get a cheap old kit and have fun hopefully improving it than spend a fortune on an over engineered kit that leaves little scope for tinkering.
I have no idea how you do that scratch thingy but it's superb Paul
Bob, thank you but there are far better scratchers on here than me.
Just beautiful!
It's a joy to watch you work your magic every time.
Neil, you really are to kind mate thank you.
..... 'ang on a mo !!
.... I thought you were doing a Krupp Protze Scottie?!!...
It can't be, because it looks SO different from the one I did ?!!....
...OH,I see.... ;) !!! .......
Andy, lets hope it still looks like a protze when I'm finished.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Paul, all the extra work we have come to expect from you making a big difference.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A little more tweaking, the moulded springs were removed as were the swing arm pivots and replaced with some springs from the spares box and some pewter.

DSCF3488.JPG

For strength the lights and width indicators etc had the plastic removed and replaced with wire, as was the turn flag arm.

DSCF3487.JPG

Just for a bit of interest I hollowed out one of the headlamps to show some damage.

DSCF3486.JPG

It still needs some tidying up.

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Good idea to replace the springs. Are they 'real' springs or did you wind wire around something? Replacing thin styrene with wire makes sense. The plastic always snaps and cleaning up mould lines takes longer than cutting a bit of wire. I've seen the broken headlight idea before - it looks good though.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Good idea to replace the springs. Are they 'real' springs or did you wind wire around something? Replacing thin styrene with wire makes sense. The plastic always snaps and cleaning up mould lines takes longer than cutting a bit of wire. I've seen the broken headlight idea before - it looks good though.
Jim
Jim they are real springs, originally I was going to try and rework the suspension so it was moveable but then sanity took over.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Absolutely amazing scratch building…like I said another masterpiece on the way

Reactions: JR

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I've come in a bit late for this, now seeing what might have been if I'd have been a modeller doing mine!;)
Brilliant work on this Scottie! Loving the work that you're putting in on this :thumb2:

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That damaged headlight is the biz Paul ! Will remember to steal your idea for a future build ! ;) Really love that rear suspension too !

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The truck is pretty much finished now. the canvas door covers have been added from some left over PVA/paint mix that I had made earlier with some masking tape straps. The windshield is also done and fitted. The rear superstructure is just dry fitted.

DSCF3489.JPG

DSCF3490.JPG

The rear mud flaps are doubled over masking tape with the metal detail added from the etch. I always think the etch mud flaps are to rigid so this way they are flexible.

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You're still at it - showing your wonderful attention to detail. It's often said when a model has loads of scratched and PE detailing that it is almost "a shame to paint it" - true in this case.