Scotties Pinky

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Jakko, very helpfull. I'll no longer use the word outstanding to describe an above average result.
'Outstanding ' is a well used and meaningful word mate - just don't apply it to Rock Apes, Booties or Slop Jockeys (Cooks and 'Chefs' - their record for killing folks is 'Sans Peur et Sans Reproche'!)) :hugging-face:
Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Bro, I fixed the computer, so there won't be any more messages with hidden meanings. Have you killed the pink yet??? Great work so far Paul and keep it coming...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Laundry Section ...?
I'm guessing you're referring to who we called "blanket stackers"?! :smiling3:
.... no mate, afraid not.
I was going to explain in detail what an "L TEC AR" did, however,I then remembered that you used to leap out of perfectly serviceable aircraft for a living.......... ;)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm guessing you're referring to who we called "blanket stackers"?! :smiling3:
.... no mate, afraid not.
I was going to explain in detail what an "L TEC AR" did, however,I then remembered that you used to leap out of perfectly serviceable aircraft for a living.......... ;)
And your point is .... ? :tears-of-joy: (He who hesitates is lost... !) L TEC AR interests me greatly Andy - is that an acronym for Lowly Technicians Assisting Ruperts?
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
And your point is .... ? :tears-of-joy: (He who hesitates is lost... !) L TEC AR interests me greatly Andy - is that an acronym for Lowly Technicians Assisting Ruperts?
Steve
.... Good attempt... and actually better than I'd expected from one who must've bumped his head FAR too often ;)
I shall break it down for you....
"L" ... Electronics,(a clever type of electrics)....
"TECH" ... (Yep,a Technician...which to you grunts,is a kind of GOD )...
"A" .... Air..(The stuff you lot hurtled through whilst trying to defy the laws of Gravity)...
... and finally.......
"R" Radar.... even more clever stuff which worked by...... oh, nevermind !!!
.... ;)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
.... Good attempt... and actually better than I'd expected from one who must've bumped his head FAR too often ;)
I shall break it down for you....
"L" ... Electronics,(a clever type of electrics)....
"TECH" ... (Yep,a Technician...which to you grunts,is a kind of GOD )...
"A" .... Air..(The stuff you lot hurtled through whilst trying to defy the laws of Gravity)...
... and finally.......
"R" Radar.... even more clever stuff which worked by...... oh, nevermind !!!
.... ;)
That's a very harsh assessment of my mental capacity :disappointed2: - well, at least I know that (a) 'Electronics' begins with the letter 'E' (Echo to those who didn't live in cosy, warm workshops (b) 'Technicians' aren't Gods - generally they're too fat and short-sighted to measure up against us real (and modest) true Godly beings possessed of physiques that Charles Atlas (remember him?) would covet, (c) I'll grudgingly concede that point - BUT (d) I seem to recall we stole a nice Germanic example of said contrivance to allow you play 'catch up' some time ago! I'm thinking game, set and match to me Sirrah!
Steve:cool:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's a very harsh assessment of my mental capacity :disappointed2: - well, at least I know that (a) 'Electronics' begins with the letter 'E' (Echo to those who didn't live in cosy, warm workshops (b) 'Technicians' aren't Gods - generally they're too fat and short-sighted to measure up against us real (and modest) true Godly beings possessed of physiques that Charles Atlas (remember him?) would covet, (c) I'll grudgingly concede that point - BUT (d) I seem to recall we stole a nice Germanic example of said contrivance to allow you play 'catch up' some time ago! I'm thinking game, set and match to me Sirrah!
Steve:cool:
.... Hmmm, not really mate..
However,you have a valid point in that last instance,(I did think they were Marines though,not Airborne,and they did have to take an RAF Tech with them to dis assemble,and nick it ;) ?!),
Nuff said now really,at the end of the day ALL of us play our part,and are trained better than any other country in the world... (even if our Governments continuously treat us like s***. :sad: )
Just great to know, even if "virtually" these days,chaps of a like mind :smiling3:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Radar techs, probably the best trade in the armed forces. Little work and the ability to use the time to learn card games such as Bridge and Euchre. However 'God'!! Nah!!!
Agree with Andy, best trained AF bar none. Probably the most underrated!! SBS. No Andy MacNabs there.
Now sits back and waits for the flak!!!!:smiling6::smiling6::smiling6:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
As I say to a good friend of mine who was a rock ape, the soldiers that don't go outside the wire :smiling:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
.... Hmmm, not really mate..
However,you have a valid point in that last instance,(I did think they were Marines though,not Airborne,and they did have to take an RAF Tech with them to dis assemble,and nick it ;) ?!),
Nuff said now really,at the end of the day ALL of us play our part,and are trained better than any other country in the world... (even if our Governments continuously treat us like s***. :sad: )
Just great to know, even if "virtually" these days,chaps of a like mind :smiling3:
Absolutely mate - I enjoyed this line of banter - thanks!
Steve

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Apologies for the terrible photos. The smoke grenade pots were terrible so I had no choice but to make my own. They are far from perfect but believe me they are better than the kit offerings.

DSCF3730.JPG

Next the drivers side Mirror was scratched this was attached to a box fitted to the side of the cab, there was also an upright square section tube. Unfortunately I didn't have any square section so I formed some round ally tube into square section.

DSCF3732.JPG

Finally for this update the rear pintle mount has been tweaked.

DSCF3728.JPG

DSCF3729.JPG

cheers Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well done on the bling Mr. Scottie!..... I'll keep my shades down till you get primer on this'un:cool:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well done on the bling Mr. Scottie!..... I'll keep my shades down till you get primer on this'un:cool:
Thanks Rick, nearly getting to the point that I can lay down some paint.
Gobsmackingly good scratchery paul as always , every time i look at the colour of the plastic on this build though I cant get the rinky dink pink panthers car out of my head ! View attachment 478230
I loved that car when I was kid, I was always jealous of the kid driving it on the TV show.