scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The main assemblies have been put together so now the external details can be fitted. Just a warning its still very pink.

The Jerry cans are a mix of Royal model. PE and scratch.

DSCF3722.JPG

The rear luggage shelf is again a mix of Royal models and scratched detail.

DSCF3723.JPG

Finally a little bling for the back. The weld detail around the fuel tanks was improved.

DSCF3724.JPGcheers
Scottie

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep, definitely still very pink :cool:

Super detail work though Paul.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Super detailing, Scottie. We expect no less from you these days. Looking forward to some paint to cover the pink.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with Jim and Dave !

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
My eyes!! My eyes!!! Where's the Eyemo...doesn't matter, the nice additions often soothes as always Scottie. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Wabble

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think little "pinky" here, is a very good argument as to why one would want to prime a model! I bet it glows in the dark!! What a great job you're doing on the details Mr. Dawg...standing by for further updates. :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening all, a little bit more done. The 24V slave socket was scratched and added. This was to allow another vehicle to provide electric in the case of flat batteries. These sockets were a standard fit on 'A' vehicles i.e. Armoured or HGV systems. Most Land rovers were 12V but vehicles FFR ( Fitted For Radio) were 24V to allow for the Radio equipment. This also meant that if you could lay your hands on one you could fit a BV (boiling vessel) these were great for boiling your water and heating your tins.

DSCF3727.JPG

next up was the radio set. This is a mix of resin, etch and a lot of scratch. Fitted to the radio is a handset and cable made from 0.3mm copper wire. The base station cable is also made from 0.5 copper wire. I also decided to make a bog standard Army right angle torch. This will all be painted prior to fitting.

DSCF3725.JPG

DSCF3726.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Scottie,
PINK!!!!! oh my aching eyes.... Now having to type this from 5 foot away using a long stick with a nail in the end....
Do love all the extra work you are putting into this build, and as always the details are superb.
Mike.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
After my very brief foray into wings, I have returned to normality. This was a bargain for £9.50 delivered evil bay win. As you can see it is the Italeri 1/35 SAS Pink panther. The vehicle was based on the long wheel base landrover.
The box has the Revell style end opening box. It contains 4 vivid pink sprues that are showing their age. But this is how I like my kits, plenty of opportunity to tweak. And as usual I have picked up some aftermarket etch.

View attachment 475409

View attachment 475410

View attachment 475411

Hope you can join me along the way. One question for you all any idea what Pink I should use?

cheers
Scottie
The one I saw at the Royal Signals museum at Blandford I thought it was more a sandy pink mix, more sandy than pink. Caveat, it was a long time ago - 15 -16 years so may be slightly off!!! Def not 'pink' though!!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Andy.
Scottie,
PINK!!!!! oh my aching eyes.... Now having to type this from 5 foot away using a long stick with a nail in the end....
Do love all the extra work you are putting into this build, and as always the details are superb.
Mike.
Mike, your right there mate it is pink it's almost glows in the dark lol. My scratching is nothing compared to your work mate but I appreciate the comment.
Stunning!
Andrew, cheers mate.
The one I saw at the Royal Signals museum at Blandford I thought it was more a sandy pink mix, more sandy than pink. Caveat, it was a long time ago - 15 -16 years so may be slightly off!!! Def not 'pink' though!!!
Doug, it certainly won't be as pink as the plastic that's for sure.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Stunning stuff Scottie. Your scratching just gets better and better and more ambitious.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well, from past experience Scaleys love pink things! (Sorry, apologies to all Bleeps - I am happy you were there more than once!) It is a little disturbing however that their cap badge is called Jimmy and is a very naked ballet dancer ... :tears-of-joy: { Heading for the exit Gents...}
Steve

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning stuff Scottie. Your scratching just gets better and better and more ambitious.
Cheers Jim very kind of you.
Well, from past experience Scaleys love pink things! (Sorry, apologies to all Bleeps - I am happy you were there more than once!) It is a little disturbing however that their cap badge is called Jimmy and is a very naked ballet dancer ... :tears-of-joy: { Heading for the exit Gents...}
Steve
There were two lots of bleeps in Herford when I was there. I was in their NAAFI one day and the noise was deafening as they practiced sending morse by banging two mark bits on the tables.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Exceptional detail Paul, this is yet another cracking build.
Love the scratch building and the care poured into each area of the vehicle.
Top stuff.
Cheers
Paul

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evening all, a little bit more done. The 24V slave socket was scratched and added. This was to allow another vehicle to provide electric in the case of flat batteries. These sockets were a standard fit on 'A' vehicles i.e. Armoured or HGV systems. Most Land rovers were 12V but vehicles FFR ( Fitted For Radio) were 24V to allow for the Radio equipment. This also meant that if you could lay your hands on one you could fit a BV (boiling vessel) these were great for boiling your water and heating your tins.

View attachment 477806

next up was the radio set. This is a mix of resin, etch and a lot of scratch. Fitted to the radio is a handset and cable made from 0.3mm copper wire. The base station cable is also made from 0.5 copper wire. I also decided to make a bog standard Army right angle torch. This will all be painted prior to fitting.

View attachment 477809

View attachment 477810

cheers
Scottie
That looks so good Scottie,
Excellent stuff mate :smiling3: